Starting an affiliate store - Need you help
    Hi All,

I want to start an affiliate store and would like to get your 2cents on which store builder/CMS to go for. I have the following options pls help me out choosing the best one.

Affiliate Store Builder:
    1. Popshops
    2. Datafeedr
    3. Datafeedfile
    4. Any other, please suggest

CMS for Affilaite:
    1. Joomla
    2. Wordpress
    3. Drupal
    4. Any other, please suggest

I am kind of familiar with wordpress and so thought of going with Datafeedr which is made exclusively for wordpress. Your thoughts, ideas and suggestions will be of real help to me. Thanks

Affiliate Manager maxwellgarner's Avatar
    Lightbulb
    You could just build an amazon store... The world needs more amazon stores
    Affiliate marketing is not just a way to make money, it's a way of life.
    Maxwell Garner | Owner | [URL="http://creditcardaffiliateservices.com"]CreditCardAffiliateServices.com[/URL] | Phone - 407-504-5944

This is one of those wide open questions that is going to get you a lot of responses that starts with "Depends..."

Do the research and decide yourself. Narrow down your choices to 2. What you have posted is an infinite list of affiliate software datafeeds combined with an infinite list of content management system. And you are asking everybody here to do the brain work for you and tell you what to do based on what works for them.

I don't mean to be harsh, but the people who are the best at what they do have chosen a path themselves and just started working. Any combination of what you posted above will work. There is no right and wrong. But just pick one and start working. This forum is chock full of information. As is... the entire internet. Search and read. Read alot. Decide you are going to research what path to take. Spend no more than a day researching. Then cowboy up and get to work.

I hope your Friday rocks!
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Quote Originally Posted by BatteryFuelPatrick View Post
    This is one of those wide open questions that is going to get you a lot of responses that starts with "Depends..."
    LOL, yup that was my first thought: it depends. What type of site are you going to build (coupon, large mall, niche, article w/products, blog, etc.)? What do you have the skill to manage? Can you learn more skills to use a next level product or don't you have time or interest in that right now.

Lastly, others can tell you what worked for them or what they thought of a product or service but what works for them may be useless to you. Define your project, take your resources into account, pick 2 or 3 of these and then maybe ask what folks think about the product instead of what's good for you.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Thank you so much for all your responses. I am in the process of doing more research and get a full list of affiliate store builder/CMS and then decide on which to opt for. I am here to just to get suggestions and experiences on what has been good for you. I know if something is working for you may not work for me, but knowing would give me a lot of understanding. :-)

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by emarketingguy View Post
    Thank you so much for all your responses. I am in the process of doing more research and get a full list of affiliate store builder/CMS and then decide on which to opt for. I am here to just to get suggestions and experiences on what has been good for you. I know if something is working for you may not work for me, but knowing would give me a lot of understanding. :-)
    Not really. It is going to depend on *your* experience, expertise and what is easiest for you to master.

Everyone has different skill sets, we don't know yours and you don't know the skills of the people that recommend one over the other.

What you need to determine is what you want to *do*, then find the tools to do it.

For some examples of what some bloggers (and affiliates) do, check out the blogging abcs podcasts and show notes in the Affiliate ABCs section here at ABW:
    http://abestweb.com/affiliateabcs
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread