Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all,

Happy Sunday!

Okay this is what I was thinking and though hmmm. maybe this might help for consumers and merchants to be aware of the issue we are dealing with everyday with this business.

The ABW have cool and very tech savvy members.

Haiko provide us or create different templates that includes the issues posted here that we can put a page for that template created to use on our (ABW members) websites and stick the links, little banner or how ever you want to make the consumer and merchants aware that this is giving the merchants bad pr and the consumers pc is having problems because of some of the issue that they are not aware of.

If we use the same template and consumers and merchants or their friends or family sees or read that page it will give more exposure to everyone about this problem?

I think it's good to give ABW a backlinks and make more awareness to the world of this issues, the least we can do for Haiko.

This might sound crazy, but I would appreciate your suggestion to make this idea better and pls. I am very sensitive don't hit me too hard!

May you all stay safe and have a great Sunday.

Okay back to work now!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    I like something like that, what i mentioned before and BLFH i think is working on. A page we can link to or maybe use on our site to get our site visitors computers clean, but i think it being neutral would be better so all affiliates can link to or use with no problems. Taking my computer as an example. My computer is clean, if i was a consumer going to any affiliate site, i will get no popups and you don't have a parasite problem with me. Fact is we already have millions of people on our side they just don't know it yet, the number i've posted many times before: 75% of people not liking pop-ups/try to uninstall it/have no idea how it got there and where they are coming from etc. I've personally gotten my friends and family computers clean and try the best i can to tell them how to keep it that way and they pass on that info the best they can. We already have the 75% on our side, just need to school them. And the other 25% if they knew more probably would be on the 75% side I think that's the way to go. I can't think of one case after you get the pops to stop, of that person being mad and wanting them back. Usually they're very happy you got them to stop and they might get a little angry when they learn more about it.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Yes Trust I am. Either linking to, templates for your own site or syndicated to your site. I'm evaluating a few different removal applications which may also stay away from cookies and have affiliate programs that folks could promote on the pages also if they wanted to. Cool if something is done here also.

ABW Ambassador
    Cool, that would be great. Also a great way to build some loyalty to your site. Get someone's pop up problems/computer problems to stop and there's a good chance they'll be coming back to your site with no parasite problems

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    How about the techies come up with a blacklist .HOST file to download on their shoppers systems. SypwareBlaster has it as a tool preventing access to know spyware/adware drive-by install sites. You have to click on the desktop app to activate it before surfing. Problem with that one is you have to beg your shoppers to uncheck CJ -BF and LS cookie blocking by manually unchecking them from the browser blocking tools.

I saw today and downloaded http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php where the basic registry download blocks the major infestation wanks and muzzles those already on the system from getting to their call-home feature or pop files. Haven't taken time to digest it....busy ABW day.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Great idea. How about a method for linking to those template pages - a small graphic that we can use to designate certain trusted merchants - like a "Parasite Free" button. Or, a "Parasite Beware" button.
    ~Ernie

ABW Ambassador
    I think it's best just to focus on getting the computers clean part. Not trusted merchant stuff. Fact is for my site visitors if they want to buy office stuff, they're going to Staples, Office Max, Office Depot. They want to buy from a department store then Kmart, Walmart, Target. All of them parasite infested i believe but people will continue to shop there. Just focus on getting the computer clean IMO. That is doable. Getting people to stop shopping from their favorite merchants, not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    I saw today and downloaded http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php where the basic registry download blocks the major infestation wanks and muzzles those already on the system from getting to their call-home feature or pop files. Haven't taken time to digest it....busy ABW day. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike,

BTW, have you ever bothered to do a whois look up on that domain? http://www.whois.sc/whois-history/?d...ate=2002-10-31

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

The other part of this idea is for the merchant/s to be more aware that this is getting more expose and they will get or some the attention to look at the problem and the merchants that is having associated with the bad pr that is going around will get someone or somebody to check on the issue so their name are not associated with the bad PR that is being presented because of them associating with the scums.

It could be a double whammy we hit both side the consumer and the merchants. JMO!

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Here's the link to the free membership whois page:

http://www.whois.sc/spywareguide.com
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Leader,

The problem is that the current info doesn't show AWP as the owner, it shows his "Partner"
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Oh OK. I was just trying to be helpful! I haven't signed up for the paid version, so when I clicked your link I only got to the join page...

I think this is an excellent idea! After all, this is right up our alley. We're affiliate marketing experts, let's SELL awareness to Internet shoppers!

If all of a sudden hundreds of sites had info pages on these apps, telling about how they work, what they do, how they get downloaded, etc., it would be difficult for someone to not see our message, because it's going to be on pages everywhere they turn!

And with hundreds of sites all pointing to a central location, the PR's gotta be pretty good as well!

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nova - Mrs. Happypoon:
    The other part of this idea is for the merchant/s to be more aware that this is getting more expose and they will get or some the attention to look at the problem and the merchants that is having associated with the bad pr that is going around will get someone or somebody to check on the issue so their name are not associated with the bad PR that is being presented because of them associating with the scums.

It could be a double whammy we hit both side the consumer and the merchants. JMO! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This sounds like a great idea,as the cost of domains rises, and the big merchants, like Walmart,Sear's,Target, and the others, probably have more affiliates. like amazon.com.but, the differences are each merchant saves a load on overhead, no salaries, no rising energy costs,if someone goes to the crowded shopping centers,or malls, they face too much traffic,crowds, the whole stand online bit, Walmart doesn't give the same warranties other merchants do,we are to them, a drop in the bucket, as far as expenses go, the shipping to someone online is the same as shipping to the stores,when I was in the offline retail race,back room space was always so crowded, the shelves were repacked at night,but that meant paying overtime, so online shopping is the thing that makes the most sense,as a group, affiliates have a shot, you know, together we stand, and it's our url's the shoppers see, not the merchants, we need to organize,fast, with the economy and job slump,only those people that either don't have time, like 2 parents working, seniors,teens, or without transportation,those with disabilities, but how many even have computers, or ISP service.I have 4 websites, all well designed, and a combined total of over 10,000,000 clicks, but clicks don't pay the rent.The forum has taught me and others a lot, but how to convince the public?
    Only my nickles worth.New Jersey is one of the most crowded states, with more and more shopping centers, and traffic jams daily,but that don't stop the long day "at themall",some are just hang outs, with a slice of pizza, I see it for years.
    JJ

Ya Mike, what do you think about that? The guy you accused of supporting the parasites, dupers, bho's, etc, is also the owner of a website that you have been promoting for weeks. A website with an online scanner that works pretty good, as far as I can tell, and the registry block file you just posted about. Hilarious.

qball,

FYI - It missed two that I specifically put on my machine a month ago.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I find it hilarious that, the guy behind that site is selling an anti-parasite software.

Kind of like a guy who used to be a top manager of Phillip Morris deciding to sell Nicorette!

ABW Ambassador
    1. Reading Mike's post. 14 Minute Average.
    2. Comprehending Mike's post. 3 Months.
    3. Listening to Mike through Support to a spyware site. 3 minutes.
    4. Realizing Mike is supporting his nemesis unwittingly. Priceless.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    I find it hilarious that, the guy behind that site is selling an anti-parasite software.

Kind of like a guy who used to be a top manager of Phillip Morris deciding to sell Nicorette! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For all those that were at the FTC meeting this spring, they would know that he was there.

Not a good comparison Leader, he was never a supporter of the parasites. He just tried to tell everyone how it is.

Qball--On a lot of his points, I agree with you (and agreed with him!). But some of what he said concerning the future made me think that he believed that the future belonged to the incentive sites. And since most of the incenters that I know of are also parasites, I made my comment.

ABW Ambassador
    What about a search box where anybody can insert his name or website or merchant or what else the techies can make.

carneol

It would be a great idea also if we have a symbol on top of the template to be recognize that the source is coming from one voice ABW Community! something like the Trusted Merchant Seal? :-)

With everyone here having more than one sites that would be a big Kaboom exposure don't yah think?

ABW Ambassador
    Neutral, what's been posted before. I don't want to direct my site visitors to ABW. They might want to learn about affiliate marketing, no need to recruit new competition. What BLFH said:

"Yes Trust I am. Either linking to, templates for your own site or syndicated to your site. I'm evaluating a few different removal applications which may also stay away from cookies and have affiliate programs that folks could promote on the pages also if they wanted to. Cool if something is done here also."

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Since things are back on topic it seems, I'll just clarify what I am intending. IMO, this is purely consumer centric. I'll be providing nothing regarding trusted or not to be trusted Merchants, info about aff marketing, etc. Not with this particular project. It's purely about consumer education and assisting affiliates with having their visitors computers cleaned while attempting to leave their cookies unharmed. And additionally giving affs the option to have it happen while the consumer is still on their site if they want to do that. Affs of course free to add or expand upon any content I make available to them on their own sites.

There are a couple of reasons I am taking this approach:

1. Consumers really don't care about our issues. And it moves from the aff providing a service to their visitors to a "help me fight my battle." Consumers just want to buy something (hopefully).

2. Focusing on our issues focuses the consumer on the whole cookie issue. Because you have to understand the cookie issue to understand our issues. Our cookies are already being labeled as spyware. Many consumers are privacy gun shy. I don't see the benefit to affiliates to parade all that in front of their buyers right before they may be getting ready to make a purchase. These problems with the labeling of aff tracking cookies is something that needs to be addressed in a totally different way.

Finally, if you want to recognize Merchants who are parasite-free etc then there is a better way it would seem. Just promote them more heavily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast