Some feeds private in Popshops?
    I never realized some data feeds are set to private in Popshops, even if you're an approved affiliate of that merchant.

Quote from Popshops:

"_________ is available in PopShops as a 'private' merchant i.e., we can release this feed only to parties that ________ gives us specifically approval for."

Learn something new every day!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

ABW Ambassador
    News to me as well.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    WTF?

Is this a caste system or something?

Accepted in a merchant's program, PAY Popshops to use their system, and then prohibited from accessing feeds?

This does not sound fair, just and equitable.

Who are these merchants and what criteria do they use to determine who is and who is not granted access to their diamond-studded, extra-special, 24-carat gold private feed?

joyaz - Where did you find this? Is it somewhere on the PS site or was it in a message sent just to you?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

...email to me from Michelle at Popshops ... who knows if I'll actually gain access or not. I agree - very strange. I'm hoping I get approval.

And the really odd thing is I used to be an affiliate of this merchant, they dumped me quite a while ago, then I got an email out of the blue saying I was re-approved - after NO solicitation from me whatsoever. ???

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Some merchants like to have their feed only available to select affiliates so that the web is not inundated with the same feed everywhere.

I guess it is similar to giving out custom coupon codes, private commissions, private massages, lol, etc.

Not that I am part of that whole deal but I know that happens. :shrug:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    Some merchants like to have their feed only available to select affiliates so that the web is not inundated with the same feed everywhere.
    BUT Popshops lets you pick and choose and totally personalize what you want from the feed, so that makes little sense and only results in antagonizing other affiliates who are left out.

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    I guess it is similar to giving out custom coupon codes, private commissions, private massages, lol, etc.
    I don't see the comparison (except for the massages). Rewarding success with extra benefits is one thing, but preventing success by denying necessary tools is quite different.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I don't recall seeing a "special price" for "privileged" affiliates. I thought all affiliates paid for a service - not just part of a service. I'm impressed - NEGATIVELY - that PopShops allows "favoritism" such as that described above in a service PAID FOR BY AFFILIATES - not those merchants.

Sorry but that request by a merchant should be responded to by, "Sorry, no can do. We only work with feeds available to ALL of our paying clients."

Hmmm - maybe if that merchant is PAYING for special consideration it "may" be construed as OK. But if not, that means the "unprivileged" who are paying their subscription fee are underwriting the costs (no matter how small) of a service for a select few.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

http and a telephoto
    Looks like some merchants and affiliates will have some questions for the folks at PopShops at Affiliate Summit. They have a booth.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Never seen "private feed" in popshops service agreement. If there is one, somebody please point it out. I would like to know who the merchants are and why my monthly payment to popshops can only access to part of the service.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Looks like some merchants and affiliates will have some questions for the folks at PopShops at Affiliate Summit. They have a booth.
    That's great but how long will the line be?

While I don't think PopShops should host any merchants on a private basis for a paid service, I'd like a list of all the merchants who do have private listings in PopShops so I can steer clear of such clueless merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    ...I'd like a list of all the merchants who do have private listings in PopShops so I can steer clear of such clueless merchants.
    ...and that's the other issue. Merchants that aren't providing a level playing field by not making their feeds available to ALL affiliates that are spending their time and money to promote them. I understand that merchants can do pretty much whatever they want with their programs, but at least let us know when we're being screwed so that we can make the decision to lube up or not.

-rematt

BTW - I don't expect many merchants will be very forthcoming with this information.
    Last edited by rematt; August 1st, 2010 at 09:28 PM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread