Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Cheap DSL - AT&T
    Was shopping for internet access and Time Warner wanted like 24.95 for a 768Kbps downstream. Just thought somebody on ABW might be able to benefit from it as my area can't cos they have exceeded their # of ports for my neighbourhood.

AT&T's rates are great. yes, it is DSL (i know)
    http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=11575

No Contract
    DSL without a phone line

DSL Direct Elite
    Downstream Up to 6.0 Mbps
    Upstream Up to 768 Kbps
    $19.95

DSL Direct Pro
    Down: Up to 3.0 Mbps
    Down: Up to 512 Kbps
    $14.95

AT&T is getting really aggressive with their promotions in an attempt to steal biz from Comcast and Time Warner.

I've been user AT&T u-verse (fiber) for three months and am very pleased. My downloads and uploads are blazing. My family can stream Netflix movies while I run multiple FTP downloads from my website with no problems.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I wish we had choices like that here. No Cable or DSL in my neighborhood.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    AT&T had to pay out a class action suit on a very big list of DSL subscribers from a few years ago. I was one of them. Their DSL service was very slow. So now that they've had to pay a bunch of people for having ripped them off originally, they're back and blazing. Good for them.

I switched to Time Warner for Internet access and now would love to get away from them for everything, including cable TV and internet. I just can't imagine going back to At&T but Time Warner has been the worst experience, even worse than AT&T.

Does anyone have a recommendation for cable and DSL other than Time Warner? I would love to know if DirectTV (ar any other service) is better than Time Warner.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Just switched to them, very cheap rates. Get my equipment tomorrow. Anxious to test the speeds. But was half of what I was going to pay to the cable company. For 2MB less, I can live with half the monthly cost.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

I would love to know if DirectTV (ar any other service) is better than Time Warner.
    For TV - maybe. Stay away from Direcway/Hughes net for internet. I have it as a backup because I can use with only a generator if I have to but their service and speed is ridiculous. I have DSL through the local phone service and it is at least twice as fast with no restrictions. Hughes net limits you to 450Mb a day per account so if your kid watches a couple of youtube videos you'll be offline for 24 hours until your bandwidth usage averages out to their standards. I have been put offline just for downloading Windows updates. And there is no way to know when you are approaching the limit either. That is not their basic plan, it's $80 a month. Oh, and forget Skype, streaming anything, online gaming or Videos. No web conferencing either. Run away!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for cable and DSL other than Time Warner? I would love to know if DirectTV (ar any other service) is better than Time Warner.
    DirectTV internet is by different providers
    http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/directv/internet
    DRtv requires a 2 year contract. Hate to be stuck to them if their service is sub par

Wish AT&T would open more ports @ my housing estate

At home I have DSL High Speed Internet from Earthlink & am very happy with it:

http://www.earthlink.net/access/dsl.faces
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Thank you for the info 2Busy and Eric!

My problem with Time Warner is their lousy customer service and billing practices, not so much the Internet speeds. I would love to have cable/Internet combined but will break it up if I can get better customer service with a company other than Time Warner. I already canceled T.W. "Roadrunner" *faster* Internet and there is no difference in speed. T.W. nickles and dimes their customers and then hold them hostage when there's a billing dispute. I've been tempted to call a lawyer to deal with them because they make me so crazy, it's not worht the agro to fight for $20, even if I know it's a BS charge.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread