Thumbs down Repeated announcements GoldenCan are annoying
    Since 4:00 pm yesterday I have gotten 11 announcement about CityPass as a new merchant. A little over kill. I even decided to unsubscribe about an hour and half ago so what did I just get. ANOTHER ONE!??? Something's broke your way.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

No problem here. I received one for my affiliate account and one for our merchant account - for a total of two, which is what we should be getting for each new program they activate. There may, indeed, be a problem with their email distribution, but it is not perverse.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Tax Paying Member
    I received 2........one for each email address that I have registered with GC.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

That was my first thought... maybe you have 11 separate accounts? At least they only send emails that are useful and/or important; to announce that a merchant has been added or removed, or that an upgrade to functionality has been made... unlike many programs/networks/opm's who send a tsunami of emails for every silly little thing they can think up as an excuse to solicit their affiliates as often as possible.
    Last edited by davidh; August 4th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by boningroup View Post
    Since 4:00 pm yesterday I have gotten 11 announcement about CityPass as a new merchant. A little over kill. I even decided to unsubscribe about an hour and half ago so what did I just get. ANOTHER ONE!??? Something's broke your way.
    Danny,
    I am sorry that you have received multiple emails. We only sent one email yesterday for the new merchant announcement as we normally do. I am not sure why you have received same email multiple times. I have never seen anything like this before. It could be some issue with the email server or the program receiving the email. I will look into this and see if we can find something in the email server logs.

Thank you Asif. I hate to unsubscribe to these announcements as I need to keep up on the merchants that are no longer active. I am going to subscribe again but will forward to you anymore of these multiple mailing that I get so you can look into it.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread