Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DISCLOSURE PLEASE!
    Haiko, I see you closed the thread on Linkshare regarding their support of 180Solutions. I think that it is your responsibility to the community to disclose whether Linkshare pays for inclusion on the boards. If so, then your closing of that borad is very transparent and obviously the result of Messer putting pressure on you. I am very disappointed. Sweeping this under the rug will not make it go away. So what if Messer is the only CEO posting on these boards? He is trying to play both sides of the field> he thinks he can appease affiliates with his legal double talk while catering to every parasite program out there. Messer claims to be friendly with the NY Attorney General. I have notified the Attorney General's office about how Linkshare is making money on the Web. I don't understand why you also try to damage ben Edelman's reputation. This is highly suspect. Ben has gone to lot of effort to expose these crooks for what they are. Linskhare gets caught with their pants down and the affiliates are all scolded. What kind of reverse logic is that?

JohnDoe90210,

Its a basic English class taught in school its called "comprehension", you may need to re-take that class, because you obviously are lacking in any type of comprehension as to why Haiko closed that thread!

Sorry, but I don't need a class on comprehension from #1 Butthead.

The case was made very clear on that thread. Ben Edelman's integrity and credibility were unjustifiably attacked. Whenever a subject regarding LS heats up, the board seems to get closed mysteriously. Also, in the past, postings were deleted wholesale. If these boards are to be an open forum, then we should be allowed to say what is on our minds.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    if you have a problem take it where it belongs Your posts have nothing to do with this 180 Solutions / nCase / Zango / MetricsDirect McAfee Report topic

Jondoe90210,

No neither Linkshare, CJ (or BeFree when they we separate) nor Shareasale pay for a forum here. Additionally neither Linkshare nor CJ have ever made any financial contributions donations or payments in any way to Me, nor ABW directly nor indirectly at all. I do receive a recruiting commission with Shareable if a new member or merchant joins via my link, but that figure is quite nominal.

If you have any other financial questions, please feel free to ask ... I have nothing to hide at all.

Now regarding Ben ... Ben hadn't posted any information regarding CJ, nor Performics and I found that odd specifically when 180 admitted that they did work with them and did pop on those merchants also, so what I did, if you read the end of the posting in the locked thread I asked him to post such ... and guess what ... he did ... http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=220101536

I've said it all weekend and say it again because I obviously need to ...

I couldn't give a flying fudge which network is or isn't working with 180, but the one(s) that is/are must be and will be held accountable because this affects affiliates and merchants alike.

Please re-read the post.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>also, in the past, postings were deleted wholesale <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Applesauce!

The only postings that have only been deleted were specifically indicated as such and the reason why by me in the thread.

I'd also like to clarify something that I forgot to mention in my earlier post ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Messer putting pressure on you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither Messer, Pullen, Crouthamel (if he's there), nor Littelton can put any pressure on me, as they have nothing to hold against me ... what they won't post? Big deal!
    Not posting will send an even worse message to the affiliates.

Please get off the conspiracy theory and KNOW that I am nobody's "do boy" and damn well can't be, or much less, will ever be bought so remove that from your mind and fast!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>if you have a problem take it where it belongs Your posts have nothing to do with this 180 Solutions / nCase / Zango / MetricsDirect McAfee Report topic <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto! It's why there is a New Discussion button.

I am creating a new thread to move the Johndoe90210 post and follow up messages to. When all the appropriate messages are moved into this thread, I will move this new thread to the cafe'.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Posts Moved from http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...34&m=592109836 , now moving thread to the Cafe'
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Did I loose you with the move johndoe90210?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

JohnDoe90210,

I see that you are new here (Welcome! ) and I'll just say this to you: I've been a member here for a very long time, and I've never known Haiko to do anything that wasn't on the up and up.

I've seen Haiko involved in some very heated disagreements with other members over the years, but he's never censored them or removed their posts because he didn't like what they had to say, even if he was very much against it.

It's very hard sometimes to remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion, right or wrong, well-informed or not, all of us have the same right to choose for ourselves, but I've always found the moderation of this board to be very lenient, and policed more by the ABW community itself rather than the heavy hand of moderation.

I will also say that not everyone here at ABW participates with good intentions. Some are here specifically to derail threads and cause controversy, no doubt in the hope that the powers that be who might be reading that thread will give up in disgust because of all the non-related bullroar interjected within the posts.

I had been reading and posting in the (now locked) LS thread since the very beginning, and it was getting old because of all the nonsense.

Had you done a search, (I understand Infopop is doing an upgrade this afternoon, so search might be down), you would have no doubt found posts where Haiko had already disclosed that the networks aren't paying for their forums.

There are lots of legitimate bad guys out there that do deserve to be scrutinized and challenged, but Haiko isn't one of them.

Andy

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Haiko,

I never heard of SAS until I joined ABW.

No idea how I joined them (what link I clicked) - but I hope you got the commish

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've seen Haiko involved in some very heated disagreements with other members over the years, but he's never censored them or removed their posts because he didn't like what they had to say, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This one should be moved to "The Daily Chuckle"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    Ben hadn't posted any information regarding CJ... and I found that odd specifically when 180 admitted that they did work with them and did pop on those merchants also <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to set the record straight here:

My article (as initially posted) did discuss Commission Junction. The double popup example has always been hsn.com, a CJ BFAST merchant, with the BFAST tracking URL prominently posted in purple highlighting. Many (indeed, most!) of the merchants on my 'targeted by double popups' list are CJ merchants. My affiliate network response section includes eight paragraphs about CJ, along with three paragraphs quoting from relevant sections of CJ's PSA and CoC. Elsewhere in the article, I linked to reports of CJ giving 180 favorable ratings, stating that CJ is in compliance with CJ rules, etc.

All in all, I believe my initial article did a fine job of presenting CJ's relationship with 180. Whatever deficiencies some might allege in what I had posted, it certainly wouldn't be correct to claim that I "hadn't posted any information regarding CJ."

ABW Ambassador
    I never got the impression that Ben was personally after LS.

Whatever his motives, the information was the best we have ever seen here, and questioning his motives only served to derail and muddy the entire flow of information. I am disappointed how this discussion got pointed in that direction, whether it was deliberate or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chief_Bobbit:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've seen Haiko involved in some very heated disagreements with other members over the years, but he's never censored them or removed their posts because he didn't like what they had to say, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This one should be moved to "The Daily Chuckle" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... and I'm forcing you guys here HOW? OK!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Nobody if forcing me to do anything, I don't come here for you Haiko, but when I see something that wrong, well, I just have to laugh.

I just want to point something out to everyone. We have been getting an influx of newbies here (in several threads) at ABW trying to stir up trouble regarding 180 and/or LS.

Sometimes I wonder if these are all the same person (Haiko, have you checked their IP's).

Anyway, let's not all go off half cocked over their comments. Don't get me wrong, I welcome new folks here and think we all as a community try to make them welcome and provide advice. But I for one am not going to respond to some of the comments I've been reading here latey by some Newbies just trying to stir up trouble.

It's free speech here and if they want to babble about stuff, fine....but just let them babble, don't respond, and instead go help the folks here who really want our assistance and are trying make this a better place for all of us.

Haiko...you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ron,

I agree with you completely, I’ve noticed a change at ABW these last few months. Some individuals at ABW are starting to provide proof regarding numerous affiliate issues, as the proof is posted, it appears newbie’s and a few regulars are going out of their way to discredit ABW.

How best to silence a witness? Discredit them!

There are numerous people working in the background on a resolve to numerous issues brought forth here at ABW. For those of you fast to get HOT, you need to count to 10 so the integrity of ABW stays in tact!

This is so stupid! Haiko and I have had our knock down drag out screaming matches over the direction ABW should go in the past and I am here to tell you he does NOT censor posts.

The only time he has done that is when he has been directly attacked and or slandered/libeled or when he has felt he has been. And, in those cases there was usually some pretty severe skullduggery happening by the way of private communications in the background.

There is no reason he should allow his own board to call his character into question.

And, tell you what, while I sure don't always agree with Haiko or support his ideas of good ideas, I have never believed he is anything but honest or that he wants anything that he does not truly believe is in the best interest of the industry.

I think it is a heck of a thing for someone so new to this board to put forth such opinions when they have no idea at all of the character of the people they are dealing with.

As for the disclosure issue, Mr. Smartypants, I think you are about the only person here who didn't already KNOW the answer to that question unless they are a "newbie", too. Next time you have a question, why not just ask, politely, instead of making these bullroar simi-accusations?

BTW, I was ALWAYS right!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

How well I remember some of those knock down drag out screaming matches between SSanf and Haiko. The kind where you can't read them and refresh quick enough to keep up with the posts...

ah, the good old days...

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    LOL...Andy and All. Hang around ABW long enough, touching on every heated issue, and you'll get more flame exposure then Jaylo showing up in a string bikini at a fatfarm swimming party. Haiko sets the forum rules and still allows the Fox News commentary to slip into play. If he sees a just cause to further this industry he can justly bend his own rules....period!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I think the good old days are over now Andy, Ssanf must be getting too old to bother arguing now just look at what she posted after one of my posts <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What Gordon said. And, Goddess knows I don't agree with him often! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I never thought I would see the day when Ssanf would finaly see sense

Only jesting Ssanf no offence meant.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast