BatteryFuel: Looking for a new owner
    Just sent this to our 1100 SAS affiliates:

We are in the process of shopping for new owners for BatteryFuel! After many years of running a great online store we have decided that it is not getting the attention it needs. We could be doing a lot more and better marketing. The group of people I work with just has other projects going on and BatteryFuel.com is suffering as a result. But this is a good chance for someone to get a good deal on an established online presence.

What do you need to do as an affiliate?
    Nothing. There is plenty of money in our SAS account and we are still paying for any legitimate sale. We have over 1000 affiliates at SAS and these are part of the assetts that are for sale with the company. We are going to encourage whomever buys BatteryFuel to continue to grow the affiliate program.

What else can you do?
    If you know anybody that would be interested in acquiring an established online battery store please have them contact me via email/chat at patrick.allmond@gmail.com. This store is well indexed, and the domain has been around since 2002. Like I mentioned earlier there are also over 1000 affiliates in our SAS program. When this site was at its peak several years ago and very well marketing it was profiting $100,000 a year. It has not done that in awhile because we have not been pushing it that hard.

Thanks,
    Patrick
    patrick.allmond@gmail.com
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

That is too bad.

You will have to change your username then.

Good luck with the sale.

Perhaps you could also approach a competitor?

Thanks. I might yes. Already got some interest in email. And yes I'll have to go back to patrick24601
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Quote Originally Posted by BatteryFuelPatrick View Post
    And yes I'll have to go back to patrick24601
    Did you want me to change your username, Patrick?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteryFuelPatrick View Post

What do you need to do as an affiliate?
    Nothing. There is plenty of money in our SAS account and we are still paying for any legitimate sale. We have over 1000 affiliates at SAS and these are part of the assetts that are for sale with the company. We are going to encourage whomever buys BatteryFuel to continue to grow the affiliate program.
    This information is no longer valid. The affiliate program is dead.

An email was sent out on Aug. 26:
    We were working on finding a new owner for BatteryFuel but we even backed out on that plan. It is just a venture we can't maintain right now. On very short notice we took down the store. Please remove any links as soon as you get a chance.
    The program is still live in PopShops and SAS, but I believe that Patrick is taking care of that.

2busy is correct. I've notified SAS this weekend to remove that program.
    ---
    ---

Michael - not yet. Let's wait a week.
    ---
    ---

Hey Patrick, I am sorry to see this one go. I enjoyed doing the logo for it which it is still one of my favorites.
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread