Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is it just me or is this the whole affiliate thing a losing battle. You get all happy because u get one sale. but then you go for 5 days with no sales. I have many click thourghs. I would say about 50 a day which is low but hey im new. But from those 50 I have no sales. whats up. is this the slow season or something. or am I doing something wrong here. non of my links are broken and they pretty much link right to the product I am selling. well i'll tell ya one thing to any newbie's like me affiliate programs or very frustrating. and like I said its a losing battle.

Tkae one step forward 3 steps back thats what it feels like right now.

ABW Ambassador
    Buck up. It's July. 50 clicks a day not enough to determine much of anything. Keep trying to find merchants that work for you. Stubborness is a good quality to have in affiliate marketing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Buck up. It's July. 50 clicks a day not enough to determine much of anything. Keep trying to find merchants that work for you. Stubborness is a good quality to have in affiliate marketing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree....

Bailey if you are looking for qet rich quick... you're in the wrong areana!!

Affiliate Marketing, like any other self employment attempt is NOT the the faint or thin shined!

You really have top decide how much you want it.

SUCCESS

Perhaps you should leave affiliate marketing those of us who want it really bad...

And stay at your day job... wishing in 10 years that you had stuck it out....

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Do not be fooled. This is probably the most corrupt and criminal arena there is besides politics and drugs.

There is so much garbage going on that even the large corporations are victims or co-conspirators.

I would not waste a lot of time here- it is a cheesy group overall.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    "cheesy group?"

Hey!!!!!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    One of the taglines in the contest was "Affiliate marketing is the toughest easy money you'll ever make".

I'd rather build pages for 8 hours a day on the chance that they'll produce nothing in their entire lifetime on the web, than toil away at this desk for the next 30 years.

But I don't make enough from the web to quit my day job just yet.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Yep! it is a terrible profession that lets me stay home and pretty much do as I please when I please. I'm losing every day. Losing that whole degrading job scenerio.

I highly recommend you don't do it. Goddess knows, that if you don't see results right off it must be a scam.

By all means, give up. BTW, could you do a auto redirect of your 50 to my sites when you do?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ok ssanf im right on that!. now what website is that?

ABW Ambassador
    Baily_C,

Hang in there and if you persevere and apply yourself fully you will get returns. No it is not an easy arena to succeed in. Yes it contains many 'bad players'.

On the other hand if you sift through them all you will find some real gems. They are not in the majority. Indeed they are not plentiful but they are out there for you to find. Once you find them you have to compete against everyone else to market them better than everyone else in order to get a piece of the pie. In a nutshell as everyone else has said, this is not an easy arena.

However it is possible to earn a living off it as an affiliate. I am by no means anywhere near to reaching my goals and aspirations. However I live in my dream house, drive my dream car and take my family on at least 4 luxury holidays a year.

Find people that you trust and work with them. If you dont trust them don't work with them. Concentrate all your efforts on Merchants that offer unlimited occurences, high commissions, have good EPCs and both visibly and actively remove all parasites from their programs. Avoid Merchants that have low occurences, low commissions and low epcs. These merchants aren't looking for partners. They are only looking to acquire new customers through their affiliates for their own future use at the lowest possible cost. I build stores that my customers return to for the benefit of all parties. I do not build sites that are one off customer acquisition engines for Merchants.

Hang in there bro and make it happen,

Dirk Gardner

Bailey - don't give up! Just take a look at what you can do to get more traffic, work your keywords, get more incoming links, work on your content (either content or product descriptions).

Sometimes just moving things around and changing the wording can make the difference.

Now is the right time to go through your sites to get them ready for the Holidays - and you can take the time to rework each page as needed.

Main thing is to not give up! It will come but you have to work at it - see what is working and change what is not.

Good Luck!!!
    Ebudae

i was thinking maybe my websites r not seen on any searches how to i make my websites show up on searches with out paying.? Or do i have to pay?

There's 1-2-3 guide to affiliate marketing.. everybody needs to find their own niche and their own way of doing things. You need to learn from others, but you need to find your own path too.

I think maybe my three golden rules are:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Find something that interests you to market
    <LI>Be prepared to fail
    <LI>Keep trying[/list]

I guess the second point is the one that is the most important - you'll do a lot of stuff that won't make any money at all. This is normal. Keep plugging away until you find your niche and then exploit it as much as you can.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> how to i make my websites show up on searches with out paying.? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>AHA! Learn that and you will have it made in the shade!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>AHA! Learn that and you will have it made in the shade! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Grasshopper: When you snatch the pebble from my hand, you may leave.

It's only a losing battle if you let it be that way.

Every page you build should be better than the last - better at marketing and better at looking attractive to the search engines.

Eventually you will find what works in both areas and that is when you start to repeat the process over and over again. But even then you don't give up learning.

And along the way you learn about the merchants too, just as someone else mentioned earlier. Some merchants will do very well for you but not for others and you will also find that what works for others won't work for you.

And as you work through that and begin to achieve success NEVER give up and NEVER think of it as a losing battle.

You might lose a few fights but you won't lose the war if you don't give up.

It's a marathon not a sprint. I nearly gave up several times, but get your head down and work on your sites. Limit yourself to how much time you spend in front of your computer browsing or posting to forums.

Your sales came quickly from I can see so you can do this. In the early days in particular, you have to work really hard for the $$.

Worrying or posting about some problem that may or may not be happening won't help at all, building and optimising pages will.

There's ALWAYS an active post here about a lack of sales and there's ALWAYS people hoping that it's a tracking/parasite/something-I-haven't-thought-of-yet problem. The reality is that the great majority of times it's something you have thought of but don't want to be true - the sites just aren't selling.

The solution is get them selling, make pages, write content, write scripts, implement scripts, whatever it is you do best that works do more of it!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> There's ALWAYS an active post here about a lack of sales and there's ALWAYS people hoping that it's a tracking/parasite/something-I-haven't-thought-of-yet problem. The reality is that the great majority of times it's something you have thought of but don't want to be true - the sites just aren't selling. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention the fact that people are FAR more likely to complain then praise and very few people share the merchants that work well with other affiliate marketers. For every active complaint thread there could be many many 'horray' threads that go unposted.

If you don't want to deal with the real job, don't give up and read as much information you can gather and take advice given to you from this cheesy forum and you can make enough money to not worry about working or finding a real job. This business is time consuming, but when you see your effort start paying you'll join us bunch of cheesy to hooray! lol...

Promote all the merchants that you see are very active here and what other advice above said and you are going to be saying Thank You Very Much Cheesy People!

You better get ready also and get busy the holiday is right around the corner!

Good luck

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Your welcome!

(It must be getting close to Packer season!)
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CheeseHead:
    Your welcome!

(It must be getting close to Packer season!) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> When I started, it seemed hopeless,But without any other options, 71 year old vet's with some disabilites don't get jobs, It takes a lot of time, and the help of many good people here,on the forum, to start.you may never make a million, but it's possible with a good mix,the clicks prove browers,are checking you out, and this is the slower season, most retailers, like Walmrt, started on a small budget, and grew,other get shoved out by poor management,or over extending themselves, too many stores,no central planning,some like radio shack, don't have answers, only untrained clerks, managers, and only make the most on batteries, and credit cards, when their buyers over buy, the stores eat the products, in small storage areas, I was part of that scam, without even knowing it.Give it time, and with a few good websites, build shopper confidence, to come back to your site, as others on the forum have,learn by using your eyes, and ears, it'l come.My nickles worth, and I can't even type.
    JJ

It also may be what you have chosen to sell. A $5000 item will have a lot more lookers before a purchase than a $5 item.

Mid range products are your best bet to start.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bailey_C:
    i was thinking maybe my websites r not seen on any searches how to i make my websites show up on searches with out paying.? Or do i have to pay? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you don't have to pay! I never have and do quite well.

Try exchanging links with other sites for a start. There have been several threads here for people looking for link partners. This helps the search engines to find you.

Also - work on having a great site that people will want to link to without asking for a link back in return.

Find a niche and do your best to be the best in that catagory - mall sites are a dime a dozen - do something to make your site unique and stand out from the crowd.

http://www.searchengineworld.com/misc/guide.htm

Read the above article - read it again and get to work!!

Good Luck!!
    Ebudae

Paying for clicks is tricky.. the first time I tried it I blew a stack of cash for no gain. So I stopped and did everything for free for ages.

Eventually, I worked out what kind of sites made a healthy profit and decided to go back into PPC, because I knew that on average I'd pay a lot less per visitor than I'd earn from them. A lot of sites can just never afford PPC because the earnings per visitor are too low - so there you'll want free traffic instead.

I think last November and December I spent about $4000 on advertising - but only because I knew that I would get a *lot* more back. But on the otehr hand, I have sites that make a tidy profit and I never spend a cent on them.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I have never spent a cent on advertising. Although, I may soon. But, my advertising will be in supermarket tabloids, if I do. It would fit my sites. I don't know if this will work but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Once you are established, this is a magick business. Wouldn't you like to earn even if you don't go to "work"? Wouldn't you like to earn while you are off playing? How about waking up and finding out you already have enough to pay for your bills that day and anything more that day is fun money?

Well, that will never happen with any other line of work I know of.

You can also fall on your rump pretty danged fast if you don't have several sites and a diversified product line.

Stick with this and do it or don't. You makes your choices and you lives with them. It's your call.

thansks for all ur in put . i logged in today and found out i got 2 more sales. i know i know its not much but hey like u guys say its a start. i think i am starting to get the learning curve. and i know i am not even close to learning it all. well i am getting closer and closer to my call. where i dont have to work another day in my life and not worry about money. cheers to that day if it ever comes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast