Amazon affiliate code for Rewards website
    Hey,

I have the iframe code for amazon banner. What I am trying to do is post this banner on our rewards website, and for each order placed through this link, a certain no of points will be added to that persons account in our website. A similar thing like linkshare and commission junction. can i also do the same for amazon? If so please guide me here. Thanks.
    Last edited by scorpio22; August 6th, 2010 at 03:43 PM.

That's against Amazon's terms. They do not allow members to be rewarded in any way for purchases. Unless you have a contact there that you can get to agree otherwise. Pretty much all of the other networks are fine with it but there are a number of individual merchants who prohibit it.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms View Post
    That's against Amazon's terms. They do not allow members to be rewarded in any way for purchases. Unless you have a contact there that you can get to agree otherwise. Pretty much all of the other networks are fine with it but there are a number of individual merchants who prohibit it.
    If its possible, can you point me to this specific place in the T&C's. I was curious about this also.

Quote Originally Posted by vicjg View Post
    If its possible, can you point me to this specific place in the T&C's. I was curious about this also.
    Associates Program Operating Agreement

4. Program Requirements
    By participating in the Program, you agree that you will comply with the Associates Program Participation Requirements and all pages, schedules, policies, guidelines, and other documents and materials referenced in this Operating Agreement (collectively, “Operational Documentation”). Operational Documentation is included in the term Operating Agreement.

Associates Program Participation Requirements

"14. You will not offer any person or entity any consideration or incentive (including any money, rebate, discount, points, donation to charity or other organization, or other benefit) for using Special Links (e.g., by implementing any “rewards” or loyalty program that incentivizes persons or entities to visit the Amazon Site via your Special Links). "

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms View Post
    Associates Program Operating Agreement

4. Program Requirements
    By participating in the Program, you agree that you will comply with the Associates Program Participation Requirements and all pages, schedules, policies, guidelines, and other documents and materials referenced in this Operating Agreement (collectively, “Operational Documentation”). Operational Documentation is included in the term Operating Agreement.

Associates Program Participation Requirements

"14. You will not offer any person or entity any consideration or incentive (including any money, rebate, discount, points, donation to charity or other organization, or other benefit) for using Special Links (e.g., by implementing any “rewards” or loyalty program that incentivizes persons or entities to visit the Amazon Site via your Special Links). "
    That's what I wanted thanks. FYI they apparently have two different agreements and conditions we agree to. "Associates Program Participation Requirements" & "Associates Program Operating Agreement"

It is not in the agreement, but it is in the requirements.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by vicjg View Post
    That's what I wanted thanks. FYI they apparently have two different agreements and conditions we agree to. "Associates Program Participation Requirements" & "Associates Program Operating Agreement"

It is not in the agreement, but it is in the requirements.

Thanks for your help.
    Right. The Operating Agreement actually incorporates the Participation Requirements by reference so you end up needing to read both really carefully. I'm guessing most people do not.

I meet the same problem as i want to use Amazon.com and Amazon.de in our rewarding website. For Amazon that can take a lot of time to change that.

1) Change their policy.
    2) Create this ID back-end and front-end functions.

I like how CJ and GAN and LinkShare made it. It works great! Hope Amazon will do the same. Let's keep eyes open and update that forum post in keys if we hear something interesting in that direction.

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingconifer View Post
    Hi,
    If I reward my customers with points for visiting my website just like what bing.com does right now, is this OK with amazon?

remember, amazon.com says the customer belongs to them.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread