Washington Redskins Store -- Bad time for "Low Funds" status??
    Yikes!!

I had two small commissions last week from the Washington Redskins store affiliate program at SAS.

Today I went by my site to make sure the store page I have for them was in order -- and none of the images were showing. I clicked a link and got the dreaded SAS message for an invalid link.

Discovered at my SAS dashboard that the Washington Redskins Store was listed as "Low Funds."

Anyone else using them? If so, this is just a heads-up.

Rotten time for their program to be low on funds, temp offline or any other nasty status besides ready to go -- tonight's the start of NFL preseason play.

How rotten is that???
    Generate more fake news.

What's happened to this merchant's program??

I posted the above message over a month ago. I used the SAS "contact this merchant" interface -- and I got zero response.

I have a subdirectory on one of my sports sites dedicated to them, and the last two NFL seasons I've made a steady trickle of sales.

Now they continue as "Low Funds" status, they are unresponsive to my efforts to contact them -- and to top it all off, they no longer seem to have images in their datafeed??

What??????
    Generate more fake news.

Wow, that stinks. Especially if after one month and no response.

That is definitely a down side of AM. You put all this effort and the merchant goes *poof*!

Can you find replacements for this merchant? I haven't looked at them but from the name it sounds that you should be able to find replacements fairly easily?
    Last edited by ladidah; September 19th, 2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: err. nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    Wow, that stinks. Especially if after one month and no response.

That is definitely a down side of AM. You put all this effort and the merchant goes *poof*!

Can you find replacements for this merchant? I haven't looked at them but from the name it sounds that you should be able to find replacements fairly easily?
    Yeah, I can sort of replace them. Football Fanatics has always been reliable and has some good stuff. Unfortunately, it's a Washington Redskins specific feed site, and it's not easy to get GOOD replacements from FF of some of the team signed and autographed stuff the Redskins store had.

(And, yes, there's SportsMemorabilia.com, but I haven't figured out how to make their datafeed spit out only Washington Redskins stuff.)
    Generate more fake news.

FYI -- I just went into my affiliate dashboard at AvantLink and found a way to create some pretty nifty substitutes with a couple of their automated tools so that I was able to replace The Washington Redskins Store datafeed with SportsMemorabilia.com.

Goodbye, Redskins Store people. Sorry you were so totally messed up and unresponsive to affiliate problems.
    Generate more fake news.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    That's the kind of problem you should expect when a Chief's fan promotes a different "tribe".
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    That's the kind of problem you should expect when a Chief's fan promotes a different "tribe".
    Shhhhhh. Don't rat me out like that, Hound

(Oh, by the way -- the Chiefs are now 2-0 for this happy new season. It was an incredible win over the Browns, but it WAS a win. Don't recall the last time the Chiefs got off to a 2-0 season -- TAKE THAT YOU CHARGERS FANS!!!!! )
    Last edited by writerguy; September 19th, 2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Corrected typo
    Generate more fake news.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread