Hi Fellow money makers
    A friend just called me and told me he is joining this company called quixtar. The little reasearch I have found online it looks like some sort of pyramid scam. has anyuone ever joined this thanks
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

new name for Amway

and is that good or bad
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

More acurately ... unlike my spelling ... while it is still Amway, it's an ecommerce version as opposed to the door to door, soap in a wagon, wedsnday night meetings way.
    Affiliate Amway or InterAmway as it were.
    It's funny, I am actually seeing some merchants with Affiliate logins and Quixtar logins now.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Depends on who you want to believe ... interesting 20/20 or dateline special on it not too long ago.
    Too many controversies, too many "support materials" to buy.
    That's just my opinion, others swear by it.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

quixtar is not something new

they are still US only program

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quixtar, IMO, doesn't give you anything that you can't get easier through the networks. You can try to recruit others, and earn income off of their purchases, but then you get into the cycle of purchasing tapes and books to help you recruit, and you end up spending money on that stuff. Maybe it's changed since I looked at it 3 years ago, but personally I don't think it is all that great a deal, unless you are into recruiting people.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I just read the Dateline article very interesting read. Quixtar even has a response to it on their website saying its all lies hmmmm

ABW Ambassador
    Tell your friend not to join. Saw the story on TV, i guess it was Dateline? You end up in a big arena with all the lights turned off holding candles and become a stadium of suckers.

Quixtar is very much MLM and the new millennium version of Amway.

I was approached by them about 5 years ago and I went to a meeting with the guy who tried to recruit me. All they talked about was how much money you could make. Not a word about products or services. The speaker had an ego the size of the planet, he had plenty of money and it was all thanks to Quixtar... which was brand new and not quite up and running full speed at the time. So go figure... but people ate that like there was no tomorrow!

RED FLAG!

It's not US only, they were in Canada when I was approached and the Canadian website was already functional too.

My brother was also approached recently and we had quite the discussions about this. He was told that to make the big bucks he only had to recruit 9 people, then those 9 people only had to recruit 9 people each and so forth. He was telling me how easy it would be to make money. I laughed! My brother doesn't work online, he doesn't understand the MLM jargon or affiliate marketing, he's never been exposed to any of it, never been involved in any so called internet opportunity, so we ended up in a hell of an argument more than once about this. Bottomline is at least he didn't join!

Anyway, Quixtar has expanded considerably. In order to qualify for commissions or join as an IBO (independent business owner) you have to buy so many products EVERY MONTH. Here in Canada the minimum worked out to about $300 per month every month. A hell of a price to collect pennies if you ask me.

Their merchant partners now include major department stores such as Walmart and many gas stations and many other stores. Everything you buy at Walmart or any other sponsor will give your points towards your minimum every month. Quixtar has very few products of its own. The old Amway products didn't have a very good reputation, many of the products didn't work as well as they advertised and were quite expensive. So I guess they're keeping them under the rug now and prefer to partner with well known corporations.

Unless you plan to recruit hundreds of people and you can actually keep these people in your downline for more than a month or two, don't bother. It's a hell of a lot cheaper to buy what you need when you need it than to have to buy in large quantities to fill your basement, garage and cupboards so you can collect your pennies in a cheque rather than in a jar every month.

Just my thoughts...

Catwoman

ABW Ambassador
    They are also a Super Affiliate.

MLM - oh yeah!

They approached my 22 year-old last year, and another person I know who is 20. I guess they like to go after the young, more gull-able types at first, now they are branching out.

It's internet MLM, and it looks like they do more personal recruitment than does (for example) C*gnigen.

Stay away, unless you want to ruin all of your friendships and make your relatives mad.

Fred

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyfalcon:
    Hi Fellow money makers
    A friend just called me and told me he is joining this company called quixtar. The little reasearch I have found online it looks like some sort of pyramid scam. has anyuone ever joined this thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You hit the nail on the head, it's pyramid all the way, I checked them out, 4 years ago, met a lady in a big hurry, in order to earn, you had to get others, the same as SFI,avoid them, you have to pay for everything and get nothing, but folders.My nickles worth.
    JJ

ABW Ambassador
    I was hustled into having dinner with some Quixtar independent distributors once, oddly when I was 23 and easily impressionable.

I had laundry to do, took it with me in the back seat of my car. I figured I would meet them, eat dinner, talk for a bit and they would leave me with the materials, I would review them in the laundromat and either sign up or toss them.

Well, five hours and countless "bottomless pots of coffee" later, they're handing me a pen.

Ever see "Glen Garry Glen Ross"? I felt like the guy that Pacino was hustling in the bar.

I got up and left. I did my laundry the next night, choosing to wear some dirty clothes to work that monday.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

quixtar, quickcrap more like it.!

amways new name... i know a guy who has slugged his guts out with them for years, tried to recruit me.. i said on yah bike.. he dont make a penny

I was hit up twice by two different people to join in the months before Quixtar's launch.

Quixtar was supposed to flip a switch and the entire known universe was going to beat a path to their virtual doors to buy toilet paper and toothbrushes because it would be more convienient than buying at the local store, and if I wanted to get rich all I had to do was sign up.

I didn't sign up. The site launched. And basically nothing happened.

As far as I know, neither of those people who tried to recruit me are part of Quixtar or Amway any longer.

ABW Ambassador
    Here's the link to the Dateline NBC report about it.
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4375477/

Thanks all I hope all this information also saves others out there before they fall for this may I say Jim Jones cult of a pyramid scheme. wow that was a good way of putting it

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread