ABW Ambassador
    I had jury duty this week. I had to wake up at 8 freaking AM and be at the courthouse by 8:30 (which I quickly learned meant 9:15 for me). Rush hour traffic? I had forgotten about that, at my house it is the cat running past me while my girlfriend says the coffee is ready.

People told me what to do, and I actually had to eat when they told me, not when i was hungry. I was waiting for someone to burp me.

I stared at the clock, not hoping time would slow down so I could get more work done, but instead hoping it would move quicker so I could leave.

Some people actually told me they wished it could go on, because this was better than work! What hell do these people live in?

It has been 10 years since I had a "real job", it has been 2 years since I woke up a 8am instead of occasionally going to bed then. I have often thought, i could do a regular day job again if i had to, no I couldn't...

While it was nice to have a forced timeout where I got caught up on alot of reading i had meant to get to, but ugh. I had forgotten how most people live. I remember telling Jason not to quit his job just because of a few good months, but at this point, I can understand, I felt like a fox caught in a trap debating about gnawing off my own leg.

When the judge asked, for pre-screening, what i did. I laughed remembering all the descriptions here (though I do much more than just Affilate marketing). I ended up saying, A little bit of this, a little bit of that, I have spent the last 10 years trying to never have to put that down on paper again, my mom tells people i play with computers, I guess i will go with that.

He looked at me like i was an idiot. Probably right. The case was dismissed before we were needed and I went back into the bullpen to read some more.

Chet

Thanks for reminding me what work was like - I used to work on the other side of the jury system.

You're post was just the encouragement I needed to go build another page

...this dose of reality has been brought to you by...

J*BS SUCK

I remember my days in the big bucks corporate environment, having to deal with other people's agendas, having to patiently listen to other people's ideas that after 2 minutes you knew would be a big waste of time and money. Thinking outside of the box. Doing reports that meant nothing, and weren't worth the effort. Seeing top management in the company respond to a crisis or issue, and wonder HOW IN THE H3LL DID THEY GET THEIR JOBS?!?!?!?!

Now it all seems like an episode from The Twilight Zone.

Andy

Hey Chez,

I can relate to the getting up early. I love the summer sleeping until my kids wake up. But my college classes are starting in less than a month and 3 days a week leaving the house at 7:15 really blows. Can't have a class without the teacher though. I am already looking at the calendar for when the holiday's are.

I love what I do and the checks are nice I just hate getting up early and sitting in traffic.

Later,

Spider Man

What's an alarm clock?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Jobs are for those who can't make it on their own in the world.

Of course, that includes almost everybody and me too, sometimes.

But, being able to be job free without being a burden on your children and society is the ultimate good life and the ultimate success.

It goes without saying, that I greatly benefit from the fact that not many achieve such success. I LIKE that someone has to put things on the shelves at Wal-Mart as long as it isn't me! I LIKE that someone comes to clean my house and someone comes to mow my lawn.

Let those who will, w*rk. Let us appreciate that they do and enjoy the benefits of their labors in the comfort of our homes with our freedom.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Wow what an inspiration to make more pages here is my present story get up at 4am get on train at 4:30 get top work at 6am work until 3pm then take train home until 4:30pm log on around 5 pm make pages till 11pm then sleep start the whole process over. Can't wait to do jury duty lol
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    No really, Jury Duty would rule!

I'm halfway to freedom.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    I had jury duty this week. I had to wake up at 8 freaking AM and be at the courthouse by 8:30 (which I quickly learned meant 9:15 for me). Rush hour traffic? I had forgotten about that, at my house it is the cat running past me while my girlfriend says the coffee is ready.

People told me what to do, and I actually had to eat when they told me, not when i was hungry. I was waiting for someone to burp me.

I stared at the clock, not hoping time would slow down so I could get more work done, but instead hoping it would move quicker so I could leave.

Some people actually told me they wished it could go on, because this was better than work! What hell do these people live in?

It has been 10 years since I had a "real job", it has been 2 years since I woke up a 8am instead of occasionally going to bed then. I have often thought, i could do a regular day job again if i had to, no I couldn't...

While it was nice to have a forced timeout where I got caught up on alot of reading i had meant to get to, but ugh. I had forgotten how most people live. I remember telling Jason not to quit his job just because of a few good months, but at this point, I can understand, I felt like a fox caught in a trap debating about gnawing off my own leg.

When the judge asked, for pre-screening, what i did. I laughed remembering all the descriptions here (though I do much more than just Affilate marketing). I ended up saying, A little bit of this, a little bit of that, I have spent the last 10 years trying to never have to put that down on paper again, my mom tells people i play with computers, I guess i will go with that.

He looked at me like i was an idiot. Probably right. The case was dismissed before we were needed and I went back into the bullpen to read some more.

Chet <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chet that was friggin hilarious mate.. rushhour the cat dashing past you! lol....

Yeah its nice to work from home doing this.. like anything though it has its moments.... where i feel like taking a hammer to my screen! or hunting down merchants and tearing their ballbags off and making them eat them.

Other than that... its a sweet life.. i personally like the fact of not remembering what day it is... a month feels like 4 days to me its just blurs from day into the next..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LastHope:
    i personally like the fact of not remembering what day it is... a month feels like 4 days to me its just blurs from day into the next.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the worst thing about affiliate marketing - time just flies by. Sometimes when I go to bed I wonder how many more pages I could get made if I didn't have to waste the next 8 hours.

And as Chez Noir said:

"I stared at the clock, not hoping time would slow down so I could get more work done, but instead hoping it would move quicker so I could leave."

When I'm at my real world job, I'm covinced there's a time-warp in the rest-room doorway. Time speeds up when you go in and slows down again when you leave to go back to work.

I'd say going back to a "real job" would be difficult, but I think I'd actually end up working LESS HOURS in such a case!

I'd never give up what I do, but I none-the-less do have the occassional romantic thought of a nice peaceful steady guaranteed unionized government job with 6 weeks holidays, sick leave and a Christmas bonus.

On the flipside, being in the affiliate game, I do get work in my bathrobe. So everything has it's upside.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Due to assorted personal bullroar, I haven't realy w*rked since the beginning of May. A bit here and there but not that much. But, the commissions keep coming anyhow.

I am actually looking forward to things settling down, hopefully, Monday so I can get back to w*rk.

Love this "job".
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

LOL that was hilarious, Chet! Sorry to come barging into this thread a-cussing and all, but I'm on the verge of accepting that unholy thing that begins with "J", ends in "B", and has a vowel in the middle.
    Yep. Bottom line is, I need an income.
    I'll return to affiliate marketing with money to invest and a much better idea of how to invest it (than when I started). The day when I can throw coffee at the cat as it rushes past is deferred...

That thing is a fall back position for when something doesn't go right with affiliate marketing. The best attitude, though, is to always look at it as a stop gap just until you work out the kinks that are causing the problem with your AM efforts.

It is always good to have a fall back position or tons saved up.

You won't be able to hold down one of those things too long, anyhow. We all get too spoiled to do it very well or very long. We know what it is like to be free.

This one comes with a three month induction period of heavy technical training. It's a shame I feel more and more like Homer Simpson - there isn't room in my brain for anything new unless something old leaves to make way for it...

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    What's an alarm clock? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My 4 kids waking me up at 6AM!

Internet Cowboy
    Posted by LastHope:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>or hunting down merchants and tearing their ballbags off and making them eat them.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That gave me a chuckle. Thanks.
    That is an episode of Fear Factor that we would love to see....
    Affiliate Merchant Fear Factor
    OK Mr. Merchant, because you are doing business with parasites, you will cut each other's scrotum off and eat it. Whoever eats the scrotum of the parasite first gets 50 points and moves on to the next round!

LOLOLOL....sorry, this is off-topic, but it is an image that is funny....or sick...or both.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have often thought, i could do a regular day job again if i had to, no I couldn't...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Chet. I say that a lot on lower months, but I think you're right.

I get up to get kids out on their daily rounds, or sleep later during vacations. I can't really imagine having to be out the door with them, rushing past the non-existent cat.

And the pool... I never had weeks of pool days with the kids when I worked at the lab. Only quitting allowed me to get my extra reading done at the pool between laps when the kids want snack time.

Nah, you're right, I'm not so sure I could do the clocking in thing again where I would have to re-learn solitaire and hearts to get through the day.
    Video Marketing Success eBook -- co-written by webmarm

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I had jury duty a couple of years ago. Same bit with having to get up at some idiot time (even earlier than 8) and showing up a lot later than they expected! I watched people yak all day doing some kind of empl*yment-related stuff on their cell phones in the waiting area, and thought, "geez, Don't they have a life??"

As for being told when to eat, that would have been next but they filled all the jury slots before that and I was able to beat it! But it was just like a j*b, waiting to see if the w*rk will run out and if we'd "get to" go home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have often thought, i could do a regular day job again if i had to, no I couldn't... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They might as well stamp UNEMPLOYABLE on my driver's license. I know that the "empl*yment" program has been deleted from my hard drive and all floppies. That script was always terribly glitched anyway so no loss!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    I know that the "empl*yment" program has been deleted from my hard drive and all floppies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Just hope it isn't lurking anywhere in your BIOS sub-routines LOL...

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread