Smile MIT software developer has great online products, needs help finding marketers
    First, forgive me is this is the wrong forum. If so, just point me to the right place - I'm new here.

I keep inventing useful software, but don't know how to sell it. I'd happily give healthy commissions if I could find people to sell them for me. But I'm not even sure the best way to go about finding people for this. And I'm not sure if my sites need to be modified to work with affiliates, or if affiliates would be interested in them. That's why I've come here - for some feedback.

I have 2 products right now:

1) The main one: PropertyTaxDatabase.com, which helps homeowners reduce their property taxes. It gives a free report comparing your assessment to all of your neighbors with similar homes. Then, to get the complete underlying data (which you would need to actually fight your taxes) there is a small fee ($37). This is a unique database-intensive service. There is nothing else like it right now.

2) A smaller product: ZoomReader, an addon for the FireFox browser which provides an instant book-like reading experience eliminating all ads and everything else but the content of the main article on a webpage. This currently has a 30 day free trial, and costs $9.95. It's a great way to read articles on the web.

If anyone has some thoughts on how to sell these things, let me know. Thanks!

-- Charlie

P.S. My personal services site is here: SQLServerDeveloper.info
    Last edited by loxly; August 9th, 2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: removed all the links

Try some of the OPMs. They might be good to speak with.

http and a telephoto
    Removed the links so you don't look like you are spamming for backlinks.

Regarding ZoomRead, affiliates pretty much hate software that removes ads from webpages.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Regarding ZoomRead, affiliates pretty much hate software that removes ads from webpages.
    Seriously.... looking for affiliates to help market a software that would put affiliates out of business?

What's an OPM and where do I find them? Need a little more guidance there.

ZoomReader is not a browser. Rather, once you get to an article you want to read, you press a button to view it without ads, then press another button to get back to where you were. It's a useful product, and I'm sure it can be sold.

PropertyTaxDatabase is something that can save people thousands of dollars on their property taxes, so that also should be quite sell-able.

Question is, how do I find affiliate marketers to work with me?

-- Charlie

http and a telephoto
    Hi Charlie, OPM = Outsourced Program Manager - a.k.a. consultant to help you get ready to recruit affiliates and then either train you to run your day to day program or you hire them to manage your program for you.

Where to find them:
    There is a nice list of OPMs that work here at ABW here:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236
    Last edited by loxly; August 10th, 2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typo

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread