How & where to get high-converting traffic?
    I have a couple websites going at the moment and I would really like to get more traffic to them... a little background first, though:

I know how to get the most effective traffic... AdWords, Facebook advertising.. the thing is, I don't have the kind of money to invest that these kinds of sites require. I work in fast food, bringing home about $1000/mo-90-95% of which goes directly to bills. at the end of the month, I'm left with very little if any leftover money to play with. I am your typical citizen living paycheck-to-paycheck. I know there are no "magic pills" when it comes to this kind of thing, but I'm wondering if there are any free or low-cost alternatives to programs such as AdWords or Facebook advertising.

I have Twitter, but I've only got a couple dozen followers so the turnaround is not that great when I do post links. My Facebook... I don't really use for marketing that much because it's a personal account and I don't want to be spamming my friends/family/co-workers with links and such.

I guess I'm just wondering what it is I need to do. I've done the whole 'SEO' thing.. at least I think I have. I have all my meta-tags set up, both my sites have content.. but I'm still not seeing any kind of return. The one site I really want to promote- a forum- only gets a few visits each day... if I get 25 visits to the site a day, that's a good day for me. I've tried advertising on other related forums... but I get flamed for doing so.

I feel like I'm pretty much at a loss at this point. The only thing I haven't tried is article marketing. The only reason I have yet to go down that road is because I'm not much of a writer. It's not that I don't like to write... I just don't have the necessary "flare".. if you can call it that. I mean, I can put up any article, but it wouldn't flow together very well because, well, I just don't know how to do that- haha. (Writing has just never been one of my forte's. My whole life, I never passed an english course with higher than a 'D'.) Sure, I could then hire somebody to do the writing for me but again... I have a limited/non-existant budget for this kind of thing.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions? I don't mind doing a little hard work... I just want it to pay off in the end. I don't want to have to spend 250 hours on something, only to get a return of 1 or 2 visitors, and no conversion.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyce View Post
    I don't want to have to spend 250 hours on something, only to get a return of 1 or 2 visitors, and no conversion.
    Sometimes, spending 250 hours and getting nothing in return can be the best way to learn. Of course, you have to be willing to fail before you can succeed in this business.

You do not have to be an expert writer to write an article, as long as it makes sense. The more you write, the better you will become as well. So be willing to take a chance.

Good luck.

3. Thanks From:

Oh I completely agree; everything we try is a learning experience. I guess my main issue is just... time. I don't mind working hard- by nature I am a hard worker; I don't know the meaning of the term "slacking off", haha. But I would hope that even after just a couple months, I'd see *some* kind of return... even if it's only 1 or 2 sales, at least it's something. I've been trying to make some money through affiliate advertising for over a year now and I have not made a single dime. It makes me wonder what exactly am I doing wrong?

I guess I'll sit and try to write an article today and submit to a site like ezinarticles... I just hope it's effective.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions? I don't mind doing a little hard work... I just want it to pay off in the end. I don't want to have to spend 250 hours on something, only to get a return of 1 or 2 visitors, and no conversion.
    This is the most difficult thing for newbie entrepreneurs to understand...there is no guaranteed paycheck just because you spend X amount of hours.

Hanging in there, learning what works for your site/audience...takes time, & it may not always be rewarded. We all want our hard work to pay off...it just doesn't. Start reading through the threads on Affiliate ABCs here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=580

Best to you and persistence will help you win in the end. If you don't play, you don't get paid.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

If you are thinking that it might be your site you can always ask for a review here:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146
    It might be helpful to read through a few of the reviews so that you know what to expect before you do that though. Some folks can't handle helpful criticism in a detached way - a site is like a child for some of us and it can be hard to view your baby objectively.

Other than reviews, the only way to do it is to do it. It sounds like you have done what can be done - Keep adding content, watch your statistics so you know what people are looking for when they come in and make sure they can find it.

I think most of us have been at that stage where we wonder when the riches are supposed to start rolling in. You can see why most ABWers have some contempt for those luring in newbies with get rich quick schemes and tales of overnight success if they just buy the right ebook. lol..
    Good luck!

I can't believe I skipped over that forum... it's exactly what I need! haha

Thanks!

I guess I'll sit and try to write an article today and submit to a site like ezinarticles... I just hope it's effective.
    The best way to improve at anything is to just jump in and do it. And here's a thread focused on helping marketers get the most out of article marketing, contributed by Lanadili, a veteran ABW member, entitled Article Marketing the right way.

Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

we cant rely on only one thing, for getting good traffic and high page rank we must try every possible factor of SEO.

Well I usually don't suggest this but you may need to look to hire an seo company to build a link campaign for you. There are several good companies out there that will write articles and get links on sites you need.THe old fashion way of seo takes time you'll have to build the links yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jgand View Post
    Well I usually don't suggest this but you may need to look to hire an seo company to build a link campaign for you. There are several good companies out there that will write articles and get links on sites you need.THe old fashion way of seo takes time you'll have to build the links yourself.
    this is the best option, because they do know what a web side owner don't know, so the better marketing means that they people do have well enough knowledge and exploring new strategies of SEO.. so be better to concern with them.

do it, and do it well. and think of the keywords/anchor text. have the article be as good as what you would put on your own website.

do more than one article. do 10 ezinearticles and you'll see your visitors grow like mushrooms

Okay so no I'm not any type of expert, but I can tell you what I know so far. First of all you really don't need to be a great writer because you really will get better as you go.
    For instance I'm a welder/mechanic...do you know how frusterating it is to type for me? I don't have these dainty little hands. I try to type and I wind up hitting several keys at the same time! LOL...I'm serious!
    So I actually use the old two to three finger method when typing. It can take me a good half hour or so just to type a 150-200 word post or article.
    Just really try to focus on the quality of the info to your reader. Bring the value and they will bring the traffic.
    On another note I, of all people, know about the monetary strains in life. I have a daughter and wife that count on me for everything. I had been putting so much pressure on myself to make money online that i really lost focus on the bigger picture. Yes I'm barely making it with the money I have, but the money I'm trying to make will only come if I can put good energy into it.
    If you try to pressure yourself into this online marketing to make your bread money then it will eat you alive and the stress and pressure will make you tap out and give up. Look at it as something your working up to. If you stay in it and put the time in you can really make this work for you.
    JUST DON'T GIVE UP!!!

One more thing
    You said that you were doing the Facebook thing and worried about spamming friends and family right?
    One thing that I just did for my site is create a fan page instead. That way your not using your name in there and it becomes kind of fun to see who will pick up your fan page. You can suggest it to your friends and put it on your wall just for sport.

So just remember to hang in there...I've been researching and learning for over a year now and I'm just getting the help I needed.

John, hang in there. Some of the best writers I knew when I was in the newspaper game were self-motivated, self-taught, and just as tenacious as could be. They made themselves learn, worked hard, and were always better to work with than the shiny new, clueless J-school grads.

I really was encouraged by your post. Thanks. My feeling is you'll do well at this.
    Generate more fake news.

Thanks for the encouragement writerguy. I think that at this point I can always use that.
    I guess looking back it makes me mad that I fell victim to all that crap about who's program to buy and what e-book to read because that ONE might be the one that can make money pour into your pocket. I guess the more I think of it the more it gets to me, but I look at it this way-all the things I've done so far have been learning experiences. Plus the fact it makes me just want to make it work that much more.
    I figure if all of these hackers and scammers out there can do it on the "sly" then I can do it legit. That will be my feeling of overcoming all of them. When I know I'm doing my thing and making money the right way and it will be a constant thing while they keep racking their brains to figure out ways to screw people out of a few bucks before moving on to the next abomination in marketing!...Okay i think I'm done with that rant for the time being even though i know something will spark it again sometime

Aside form article marketing, you could always turn to video marketing also. You can utilize youtube and other video site or convert your website into a whole video and you're really to roll. You can also take advantage of the description box where you can actually place your backlink....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDaudelin View Post
    Okay so no I'm not any type of expert, but I can tell you what I know so far. First of all you really don't need to be a great writer because you really will get better as you go.
    For instance I'm a welder/mechanic...do you know how frusterating it is to type for me? I don't have these dainty little hands. I try to type and I wind up hitting several keys at the same time! LOL...I'm serious!
    So I actually use the old two to three finger method when typing. It can take me a good half hour or so just to type a 150-200 word post or article.
    Just really try to focus on the quality of the info to your reader. Bring the value and they will bring the traffic.
    On another note I, of all people, know about the monetary strains in life. I have a daughter and wife that count on me for everything. I had been putting so much pressure on myself to make money online that i really lost focus on the bigger picture. Yes I'm barely making it with the money I have, but the money I'm trying to make will only come if I can put good energy into it.
    If you try to pressure yourself into this online marketing to make your bread money then it will eat you alive and the stress and pressure will make you tap out and give up. Look at it as something your working up to. If you stay in it and put the time in you can really make this work for you.
    JUST DON'T GIVE UP!!!

One more thing
    You said that you were doing the Facebook thing and worried about spamming friends and family right?
    One thing that I just did for my site is create a fan page instead. That way your not using your name in there and it becomes kind of fun to see who will pick up your fan page. You can suggest it to your friends and put it on your wall just for sport.

So just remember to hang in there...I've been researching and learning for over a year now and I'm just getting the help I needed.
    Those are actually some great words of inspiration John because when you do focus on a site that helps your main income it does get frustrating but like you said the best advice is to not give up no matter what.
    You basically have to see and focus more on how far you have come instead of seeing all the things you havnet done yet.

I try my best to find as many great sites like this one so I can to learn about SEO and online marketing and each day. The main thing I have found is just read, read, read and then when youre done reading... read some more

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateDude012 View Post
    Aside form article marketing, you could always turn to video marketing also. You can utilize youtube and other video site or convert your website into a whole video and you're really to roll. You can also take advantage of the description box where you can actually place your backlink....

How strong are all the videos website backlinks? I noticed youtube will allow you to put a link in the video box to a specific page but I dont think vimeo does...

Are any of the video websites dofollow links or do they add any value to the site even if theyre not dofollow?

Well, I must to say this is the typical problem most webmasters have met, 250 hours' hard work earned nothing, disappointed? It took me 2 months to get the first cent! The only trick is hold on, after went through the tough beginning everything will be fine!

A lot of threads have touched upon this, but it can ultimately be trial and error as a lot of people (and myself) have mentioned. You have to do the groundwork before you just start seeking traffic. That's the number one mistake people make is thinking - good offer, good traffic and then I'm rich. Much more than that.

You are basically going to have to go through a trial and error phase and figure out what works and what doesn't. The only thing that I can say for you to do is to actually reach out to people. You are going to have to participate in forums, social networks and interact with people. Also make sure that your profile has a link to at least one of your sites.

You must also make sure that your profile has a lot added to it. You do not want to have an empty profile at your forums or social networks. I say this because if you engage people and provide some thing valuable to the conversations, they are going to be interested in you. When they see that you have a full profile with a url to your site, they will be more likely to click your link and check out your site.

No, this will not get you the converting clicks that you want at the beginning. However, once you build up a lot of visitors, then you will start seeing some rewards for your efforts.

It has been said on many other threads, and it is completely true, that Ezine Articles is nowhere nearly as effective as it used to be. Added to that they have introduced rigorous rules that can make it difficult to get an article approved.

Someone here suggested writing 10 articles well believe me that is nigh impossible on a single static subject such as information and physical products, although if you are promoting something dynamic such as in a sporting environment it could be possible.

I had written many articles before the regime change and it is true that skills improve and I have not discounted Ezines completely and write a single article to back up any new product.

So I would say that Ezine articles does have a limited benefit and a well crafted piece with a few links to your site (TLD only allowed) could be beneficial. Conversely it could be argued that if you have good content you may get more return by posting this info to your site.

I am happy to bumped into this thread looking for something that could help me in site promotion too. Well, I got some inputs here.

It has been said on many other threads, and it is completely true, that Ezine Articles is nowhere nearly as effective as it used to be.
    What is the major changes in Ezine now? What do you mean by the bold part?

Google search engine doesn't like them.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by afternoonsun View Post
    I am happy to bumped into this thread looking for something that could help me in site promotion too. Well, I got some inputs here.

What is the major changes in Ezine now? What do you mean by the bold part?
    It is far more difficult to get an article approved by Ezines and as Burger Boy has said they are not a favourite of Google.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread