Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Small Potential For Success
    It must be an off day where my normal discouraged signature has taken a backseat to hopeful optimism. Realistically speaking, this unfamiliar behavior may be short lived.

I have a shopping blog in a particular niche. Both Carolyn (SAS) and helpingmoms were nice enough to take a look at give me some critique recently. Based on their female input, I made what I think are some positive changes to the site.

The site is a WP blog with some custom datafeed integration from a handful of merchants using php/mysql. It's clearly a work in progress, like so many other affiliate websites.

The blog gets about 3600-4100 visits per month. Obviously it's not great, but traffic has been steadily increasing. The site is a few months shy of 3 years old so it does have some age to it.

A few months ago I posted Optimal Adsense Placement because I have a single post that gets a lot of traffic. After moving the adsense ad around on that one page, it now yields about $80 per month in adsense revenue.

On the other hand, the posts that have affiliate links/datafeed content included in them are not great performers by any means. In the past 3 months combined, I have had about $50 in commissions from affiliate links. A little depressing ($15 per month), but maybe no where to go but up?

The hopeful optimism is that the affiliate revenue easily over takes the adsense revenue. Like everyone else, I would rather be making dollar commissions that penny ones. How this transformation is going to happen is still a mystery to me.

This domain is up for renewal next month and I am actually considering renewing for more than my normal 1-2 years. That has got to be some hidden optimism in itself.

Sounds good

I hope everything works out well for you.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I hadn't checked the number of backlinks in a long while and I was surprised to see that I now have almost 600 backlinks. The nice part is that I haven't done anything to try and get backlinks.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread