CJ Overstock.com feed issues - FYI
    There seems to be a problem with Overstock.com... like part of the feed is missing or something. I search for "women's", for example and it shows over 41,000 hits, but then only 8 items show.

Some categories have No Products. When I click on Overstock at the top level I see 5 products. Very strange. I've reported this.

Hopefully this is why my inactive products numbers just jumped to 384 in the blink of an eye.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

ABW Ambassador
    Not just you, and not just overstock.com.

Like I posted on your other thread, there are some strange things happened to popshops datafeeds lately.

Sometime the serch result lists
    Merchant A(46)
    But when you click on the merchant name to dispaly the products, it says "no products"

Sometimes the search result lists
    Merchant B(5)
    But it actually shows hundreds of products.

It's happenning so often that I'm not sure how to report to popshops. Just hope their system will straighten things out itself someday.

I hate when this happens! Just noticed all of my Overstock pages dead in the water last night, too. I am sure our site visitors think highly of us for this ... NOT!

So what do we do in meantime ... dump the feed and the merchant and find a new one ... or just wait it out and hope for a fix?
    Arizona Deb
    [URL=http://www.azwoodman.com/]azWoodman.com[/URL]

Hi Deb,

I'm slowly but surely trying to find replacement products but I'll have to just wait to correct my Overstock page/shop. I had to quickly turn off auto feed because I certainly wasn't getting products I wanted to display on my site.

How's business in your part of AZ? Email me off the forum if you want to catch up. ~Joyce~

According to an email just received from Michelle, it was fixed this morning.

Quote: "Yes there was something up with Overstock today, and happily our tech team was able to correct it this morning."

I'm not seeing any improvement - I still can't find what I used to include in my shops and I doubt they did away with all women's plus size apparel. (?)

Well, I am not seeing much of a fix either. Maybe the tech better go back and re-evaluate the situation. Electronics, usually very stong with Overstock, has not improved.
    Arizona Deb

We are still investigating what is going on with overstock. I apologize that I was incorrect that it was completely fixed yesterday.

It is really helpful when you communicate with me so we can get these issues resolved. I don't always see the posts here in real time so please do email support@popshops.com as that is the more direct line of communicate with me. I certainly appreciate that joyaz already does that and many of you have already used support as well. So thanks and please keep reaching out to us when you see an issue.

Arizona Deb if you could give me more details on what is going on with the electronics in overstock via support@popshops.com that would be super helpful. I can then pass on the details to the tech dept.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG View Post
    Arizona Deb if you could give me more details on what is going on with the electronics in overstock via support@popshops.com that would be super helpful. I can then pass on the details to the tech dept.

Michelle,
    I just sent you an email detailing some of my concerns. I hope this will help in solving the Overstock datafeed issues.
    Arizona Deb

Thanks Deb I got it.

I am happy to report that the tech team at Overstock has fixed the datafeed problem. I have been able to update all of my pages successfully.

Thanks Michelle!
    Arizona Deb

YAY!

Arizona Deb - Thanks for letting everyone know it was back over the weekend.

Ditto on the yay!

All the women's apparel products that went missing from Overstock are back. All seems normal again.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread