vimeo - Commercial Use?
    I see quite a bit of posting here mentioning vimeo and I signed up today. When I started to upload my first video there is the TOS and it's anti commercial use. Earlier this year:
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Vimeo.com come has an option to pay $60 a year to host your videos for you and create your own players that keep your visitors on your site. You can allow embedding on other sites or not. You have privacy settings etc.

I generally just use embed codes for most videos I want to display from YouTube. If you use their rss feeds they do have thumbnails in them.

I'm starting to use Vimeo to host videos I create and embed on my own sites. I also put the videos on YouTube, but those drive traffic to my sites.
    I see others here mentioning using it, but no mention of how to deal with the commercial use aspect. From their forum it sounds like a real gray area.

they tend to be strict if someone reports you they pull your video down. Their service isn't as good as it use to be.

Bump! Some where at Aff Summit that I had hoped would see this. Giving it one last shot.

http and a telephoto
    I can't figure out what they mean by commercial use, so I haven't been using it and will most likely not pay for the "pro" version after it is used up. People use it for business type videos all the time.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

yeah I also sign up on vimeo, but I don't like the term and condition , I always prefer youtube or megavideo for my video searches.

Youtube rockx

VImeo is also slow

http and a telephoto
    I'm actually using MaxCDN to host the videos that I want played on my own sites without linking elsewhere. I'm looking at flash players now to display them. We need a place to host videos that are being used with the shareasale video player which of course can't be someplace like You Tube.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread