Affiliate Manager
    Apples to Oranges
    After many months of frustration to find an affiliate manager.. I finally ran a $250 ad on ABW to hire someone. I got several really good candidates and a lot of crazy replies from people who did not appear to know any more than I do.

The results... I hired someone and we are making great progress to launch an affiliate program in the next week.

I'm excited!

I also found out from my affiliate manager that not all affiliates forums and networks are created equal. For example, here on ABW, you hear people talking mostly about coupon sites, selling linens, baby clothes, checks, underwear, etc... THAT'S NOT LIKE MY PRODUCT.

So the chances of finding the right affiliates or affiliate managers here are not as good as they might be elsewhere.

The morale of the story is, if you're hitting a brick wall ( like I was) maybe you are looking in the wrong places ( like I was) and you need to start looking in other places or run an ad to hire someone who knows the ropes.

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting.
    Do keep us informed of your progress.

I was attracted by the title

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxJackie View Post
    For example, here on ABW, you hear people talking mostly about coupon sites, selling linens, baby clothes, checks, underwear, etc... THAT'S NOT LIKE MY PRODUCT.

So the chances of finding the right affiliates or affiliate managers here are not as good as they might be elsewhere.

The morale of the story is, if you're hitting a brick wall ( like I was) maybe you are looking in the wrong places ( like I was) and you need to start looking in other places or run an ad to hire someone who knows the ropes.
    I couldn't agree LESS.

There are many, many discussions here on concepts that are applicable to promoting ANY product. Occasionally, discussions center around specific products, but generally due to policies of a specific merchant, which could have been the policies of a merchant in any product niche.

Members, join in, in my opinion after 3-1/2 years here, based on the acts/actions/concepts/procedures/etc. being discussed, irrespective of a specific product. Affiliates who promote products in a niche being discussed may be more likely to look at a thread based on what is in the title, but inquisitive affiliates look at the actual subject matter of a thread, not just the incidental title of the thread.

I sell virtually no clothing of any kind on any of my sites, but the long thread about the actions of a panty merchant to which I believe you refer actually concerned bad merchant practices that could relate to any product line, and I found it both interesting and informative.

There are virtually no discussions here ever about the specific products that I primarily promote. There are few discussions here about the merchants that I primarily promote. But almost every day there are a few discussions here relevant to how I run my sites, or how I should run my sites.

What I am saying is members here promote a vast array of different products and just because you do not see discussions about product X, Y, or Z does not mean that there are not many members here active in and interested in those products.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    What I am saying is members here promote a vast array of different products and just because you do not see discussions about product X, Y, or Z does not mean that there are not many members here active in and interested in those products.
    I agree with AffiliateHound. Many discussions appear to be product / merchant specific, but when you read into the thread they actually talk about general affiliate practices. I find the forums on ABW very informative.
    Anyway, I wish you a successful program launch.

Abestweb has never been a wrong place for me to understand affiliate marketing in general.

When I first started with affiliate marketing, I was under a very niche industry (in fact until now, I still don't see any discussion here on that industry). However, as what affiliatehound mentioned, no matter what industry you belong, the underlying concepts will remain basically the same. It's just a matter of understanding and applying the basic principles...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread