Exclamation Why is PPC not working?
    Thank you in advance for your postings. First off left me tell you that I have a hotel booking site, so the niche is pretty competitive. I have been getting some traffic from Craigslist in the vacation rentals category, but when I stop using Craigslist and go the PPC route, I get not conversions at all. I used 7search and not one click converted into a lead.

Any help on this would be great, thanks !

Try advertising on a search engine that people use.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Try checking out the more popular engines
    Google
    Yahoo
    Bing

Also, depending on your keyword, title, description, landing URL, all those will affect your conversion.

On CL, are you promotion vacation rentals for hotel booking. If so, there is a disconnect as vacation rentals are usually looking for a long stay with sinks, dishwaser, etc. Some hotels have it but not many. Thus, that would give you a high bounce rate

Third party ads are not permitted on Craigslist anyway, it is not for affiliate ads.

PPC are expensive and may not convert like everyone thought it would. You may want to explore other alternatives such as article marketing.

you must look the other factor involve in SEO, Which more people now a days go with. i believe if done well , it bring nice results.

Affiliate Manager
    It's all about your ads, many people makes a lot of mistakes when promoting PPC, you have to know how to build a successful campaign.

Be careful with your ad, publishing things like 50% off, or a discount coupon may generate lots of clicks just to check if the offer is good.

You have to publish very specific things with prices included and conditions, this way, the only click you will get is the one that can afford the deal!

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

Victoria, thanks for sharing your ideas. I have been promoting "discount" ads. I'll change that into specific prices and see how things go.

I appreciate your post

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by dunndigidy View Post
    Victoria, thanks for sharing your ideas. I have been promoting "discount" ads. I'll change that into specific prices and see how things go.

I appreciate your post
    You are very welcome...

I am here if you need some help!

Cheers!

I would suggest more effective keyword research. Maybe your keywords are not specific enough? Also, how is your landing pages?

Also when starting a campaign it is a good idea to limit your keywords. This will force you to really do your keyword research and negative matching so you are qualifying your traffic before they click through. Try to find 2 and 3 word keyword phrases so your traffic is more targeted. Either use the phrase and exact matching, or broad match modifier.Then as your campaign begins to perform you know which areas to open up your keyword list.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread