-closed
    I'm weeding through my shops and products.

On the dashboard/products page, checking the merchants dropdown, I see some merchants with -CLOSED after their name. And products from those merchants are inactive.

Seems self-explanatory, but I wouldn't mind some clearing up of how it all works.

I notice one is marked as suspended by SAS.

I'm deleting all the products with closed merchants. I'm assuming closed means the account between popshops and the merchant is closed.

Would be nice to have one key for this "Delete all products with closed merchants" or "delete all inactive products"

or just a way to select ranges, since products can be sorted by status, merchant etc.

Hi Jazzylee77,

Yes if you see this, it does mean that the merchant is no longer active in PopShops. The reasons are usually that the merchant is no longer active with the network or the feed has significant issues.

I am adjusting the administrative process and will be removing these listings from public view. I appreciate your patience as I work through this.

If you have a list of merchants that you would like me to expedite on this please send me a support ticket at support@popshops.com so I can do that for you.

Have a good one.
    Last edited by MichelleG; August 18th, 2010 at 11:41 AM.

Okay I have to add an addendum to this...

The reason that we mark disabled merchants as closed is so it is possible to remove the products from your shops. It is in the works to make them sortable so this will be easier to do.

I apologize for any confusion my previous post might have caused.

Best
    mg

Sounds good.

I see now in addtion to the -CLOSED status there is also -OLD and ON HOLD. Care to elaborate again?

On Hold is a feed with a problem that Popshops is waiting for the merchant to fix.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzylee77 View Post
    I see now in addtion to the -CLOSED status there is also -OLD and ON HOLD. Care to elaborate again?
    OLD I utilize if we have multiple feeds for one merchant, only one will be current and the others are old. This happened recently with a merchant that changed its name and we had three feeds only one of which was current.

ON HOLD was already explained well.

I really appreciate the user to user help that this forum provides, it is great! Please remember I only pop in here on occasion, so if you have a question you would like answered more quickly please send an email to support@popshops.com.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread