15 years and counting
    Beyond Blossoms (new SAS program)
    Why is this merchant switching to Shareasale?

I've not been promoting them in years. They made the choice to work with the wrong partners.

What's their reason to open an affiliate program at Shareasale... to screen their affiliates, to kick out the coupon sites... really?
    They have no Auto-Approval of their affiliates and they don't offer coupons.

Now, look at Beyond Blossoms front page. They have a prominent "listed on tjoos" ad at the bottom of the page linked to an exclusive tjoos coupon.

Is it a new trend? "Spend your money promoting us, we'll do our best promoting your competition with unfair advantages"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Now, look at Beyond Blossoms front page. They have a prominent "listed on tjoos" ad at the bottom of the page linked to an exclusive tjoos coupon.
    Pretty dumb to lead customers away from the site to show them the coupon. That is definitely a big leak to another affiliate. I'd say a clueless manager?

15 years and counting
    I don't know what to think. I've seen them doing so many dumb things over the years. If I remember they were on LS, Pepperjam, CJ... I tried to contact their AM, first but I can't find a contact. Yes, ladidah it's a big leak and much more. Why do they need SAS?

I promoted them a few years ago when they were on CJ and if I remember correctly, they had a pretty decent commission rate. They had great products, great pricing, great creatives, a great click through rate and the absolute worst conversion of any florist I've ever promoted. It's good to see that they're finally willing to clean up their program, but I'm not sure I'd work with them again.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

15 years and counting
    Their conversion was decent at LinkShare, but it was way before 2005. I quit working with them as soon as the conversion went bad.
    I'll like to be sure they are willing to clean up their program.

Why is this merchant switching to Shareasale?

I've not been promoting them in years. They made the choice to work with the wrong partners.
    Zeus. What is your reasoning against Shareasale? Is there something you would care to share?

15 years and counting
    Zeus. What is your reasoning against Shareasale? Is there something you would care to share?
    I've nothing against Shareasale. I know they will not accept crooks in their network.
    At the same time I've my own experience with Beyond Blossoms and like Rematt said they have "great products, great pricing, great creatives, a great click through rate" but it's worth nothing if their conversion rate still sucks.

You can waste your time and money with a great network if the affiliate program is bad.
    Beyond Blossoms affiliate program was (is?) infested with parasites. OK, maybe they want to get rid of them but to list a competitor (known to don't be one of the most ethical) on their front page is not the smartest thing to do.

Beyond Blossoms is not an exclusive merchant with SAS. It means they can still be affiliated with bad players diverting our traffic.

I'll like to contact their new AM but I can't because I'm not a Beyond Blossoms affiliate. They have had good and bad AMs and OPMs. It can make a difference.
    If I remember Andy Rodriguez worked with them after I left. Kris Jones, too.

One way is to just join their affiliate program and to contact the manager without promoting or putting up links. If they don't respond or if their communication is not up to par, you can always drop.

Just curious, what is a 'good' conversion rate and after how many clicks ballpark do you drop a merchant if you don't see any sales? I have not paid too much attention to stats but this month I am going to weed out the non-converting programs and get rid of the dead weed.

15 years and counting
    Myself, I consider 1 sale in 10 visitors, 10% conversion a 'very good' conversion rate,
    1 sale in 100 visitors, 1% conversion, an 'acceptable' conversion rate. I can work with everything between. With a 0.1% conversion you have to think again.

A conversion rate depends of many factors. One of them being your targeted keywords.
    If you target 'flowers' for Beyond Blossoms, your conversion could be as low as 1 sale in 1000 visitors. If you target 'bouquet' it could be 1 sale in 10 visitors.
    Another factor is the quality of your landing page and the merchant offer. If you're the only one to offer an exclusive coupon like tjoos, the conversion could be 10%. If you have nothing to offer, your conversion could be really bad (0.1%).
    Another factor is your traffic, and its quality. I had an average 4% conversion for all my Google organic traffic (Before their MayDay update and hardware change) I'm lucky to still have a 1% conversion with their untargeted SERPs. (It's slowly getting better)

A conversion rate of preMayDay of 4% is definitely very good. I just looked at my stats and they are all between 0.07% to 4%. With Amazon it is about 10%. It's all organic.

When you are new at this you just throw up a whole bunch of links indiscriminately happy to just get sales. But as traffic improves you see what converts and can get more selective and pick the right merchants.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    If I remember Andy Rodriguez worked with them after I left. Kris Jones, too
    We did for a short time period, if memory serves me, it was a young couple that owned the company back then, I may be wrong. IMO, they were very green back then and were determined to do things their way, often times ignoring our recomendations and that was one of the main reasons we stopped working with them ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread