I'm thinking Japanese, in particular. I haven't started researching it, just thinking about it. Anyone doing it and have some advice?

Lisa, I'm with you. Haven't done it yet, either, but we're on the world's stage with the Internet and it's a shame to be locked into English language sites.

If you're not fluent in the language, it can be a costly proposition to undertake a foreign language website.

I have one site that has an international scope with 10 different languages. I'm not fluent in anything but English so at times, it is a challenge to come up with simple things like ad copy. Not to mention all the emails from merchants you signed up with that correspond in their native language.

The European languages are normally easy to translate - or at least get a jest of what is being said, but Japanese could be tough if you're not fluent.

Like Tom implied, there is no need to feel locked into an English language website. My own experience is that is takes a little more work and time than a plain ole English langage website.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread