Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This doesn't make sense! (OneWayFurniture)
    Anyone else experience high reversals from Onewayfurniture?

I've had 41 sales in the last 2 months or so and 26 reversals.

Most of the reversals were commented as VOIDED Non-Fulfilled Requirements Sale (whatever the h*ll that means)

And if you look at their stats their 7 and 30 day reversal rates are 0% How can that be?

???????????????

I haven't had any experience with this particular company, but in the past there have been merchants who have intentionally waited until the last possible day (for SAS, I think that's the 19th of the month) to post reversals.

I don't know how SAS computes these reversals in its reports, but if the "past 30 days" only references the purchase transactions in the past 30 days, then a sale on July 11 which is reversed on August 15 would never be included in the past-30-day data. Another possibility is that the merchant is not actually reversing the transaction, but instead is adjusting the transaction or commission amount to zero (I don't recall if that's something that merchants can do in SAS).

I'm looking forward to seeing how ShareASale responds here or to the support ticket you opened on this (you did open a support ticket, right?).
    Last edited by markwelch; August 18th, 2010 at 08:30 PM.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    If I remember correctly it was a merchant I had two sales with those two reversed without reason so I removed them from my sites. Merchants with unreasonably high reversals are doing something funny.

They don't even respond to emails. And I don't know how their 7 and 30 return days stay at 0%

I'm going to from this looser.

their not going to profit from my hard work while I get it up the you know where!

Andy Rodriguez is managing this program. Maybe he has some answers?
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

http and a telephoto
    I added the company name to the thread title so if someone is scanning the forum they know what this thread is about.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks Loxly

JoyUnltd - he never returned my email

I've dumped them and they have already lost over 5000 visitors! All of them were sent to a competitor.

Nice that he never emailed you back. What's up with that? Maybe you should post your complaint on his forum.
    Last edited by leeann; August 20th, 2010 at 09:41 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by janew View Post
    Anyone else experience high reversals from Onewayfurniture?
    I've had 41 sales in the last 2 months or so and 26 reversals.
    Most of the reversals were commented as VOIDED Non-Fulfilled Requirements Sale (whatever the h*ll that means)
    And if you look at their stats their 7 and 30 day reversal rates are 0% How can that be?
    ???????????????
    7 Day Reversal: 210.42 % and 30 Day Reversal 41.39 %
    IMHO, it means your 26 reversals were for out of stock items. Did you check your links and the landing pages on the merchant site?
    Give them time to answer you. Andy Rodriguez should be back from the Summit.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Andy Rodriguez should be back from the Summit.
    Hi, just got back from summit and was digging up from under emails ... i just saw this thread ...

*** Edited at the merchant's request ***

As of December 15th, 2010 ARC is no longer managing this program. The merchant has taken the program in-house.
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; December 17th, 2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: *** Edited at the merchant's request ***
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez View Post
    ... *** Edited at the merchant's request ***

As of December 15th, 2010 ARC is no longer managing this program. The merchant has taken the program in-house.

Sounds like he found a way to justify cheating affiliates (at least in his mind). This program is bad news.

-rematt
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; December 17th, 2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: *** Edited at the merchant's request ***
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

15 years and counting
    If "Non-Fulfilled Requirements Sale" means for this merchant "I've to see the referring URL" or I'll VOID sales. It's a problem. Most of the time sales made after the initial click (during the cookie life) don't have a referring URL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If "Non-Fulfilled Requirements Sale" means for this merchant "I've to see the referring URL" or I'll VOID sales. It's a problem. Most of the time sales made after the initial click (during the cookie life) don't have a referring URL.
    *** Edited at the merchant's request ***

Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; December 17th, 2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: *** Edited at the merchant's request ***
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

If the sales weren't referred by the affiliate, the cookie would not be set. This is why sales are tracked with cookies, and not by "referring URL".
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Not this again. This missing referring url stuff and merchants at SAS being allowed not to pay on those sales. It would be nice if one day the network did something about it for the affiliates.

Update - I have a conference call set up with the merchant on Tuesday

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    If he thinks the missing referral URL is cheating, why would he just reverse those sales instead of terminating the affiliate? Not that I think termination is appropriate either...just saying.

I'm seeeing more and more information out there listing missing referrer info as a means of fraud detection. grrrrrr. It's not a SAS specific issue.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B View Post
    If he thinks the missing referral URL is cheating, why would he just reverse those sales instead of terminating the affiliate? Not that I think termination is appropriate either...just saying.

I'm seeeing more and more information out there listing missing referrer info as a means of fraud detection. grrrrrr. It's not a SAS specific issue.
    How is it not a SAS issue? I don't see threads like this in other network forums, link to just one. I can link to a few of them here.

Tell me what I'm getting wrong with the following statement:

Merchants at SAS are allowed to put into their agreement that they won't pay on sales with missing referral URL.

And any affiliate that has been with SAS for awhile, will see missing referral url from time to time, I do. I just copy and paste links, so it's nothing I'm doing on my end. So what's left is it has to be something either on SAS's end or the person's computer. And I shouldn't get paid on a sale I delivered because of that?

15 years and counting
    I don't see threads like this in other network forums, link to just one. I can link to a few of them here.
    For one good reason. Other networks like LS, GAN, CJ, don't show you sales deleted by the merchant. You just don't know about.
    At least, with Sharesale, they report everything. You know what's going on.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way

I'm saying that some merchants buyiing into blank referrals are an indication of fraud is not exclusive to SAS. Merchants on other networks have bought into it as well.

And no..I'm NOT going to dig around to find one thread on ABW to link to for you to justify my point of view to you. You can broaden your view outside of just ABW and/or look for it yourself. Anyway, I have discussions with many that aren't public discussions, here or else where.

Believe it or not, it really doesn't matter to me one way or another. However, I do think that merchants, managers and OPMs buying into or misunderstanding to what degree missing referrer information indicates fraud and how it should be handled when seen is not good for affiliates, regardless of what platform the merchant is using.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    For one good reason. Other networks like LS, GAN, CJ, don't show you sales deleted by the merchant. You just don't know about.
    At least, with Sharesale, they report everything. You know what's going on.
    haha, I was actually expecting a reply like that. One day I walked into class and on the board it said Nice Is Good Business. And to see it in action.

You do know at anytime somebody can put a stop to this. That's what I'm looking for. As usual when a topic like this comes up, people want to start talking about other networks instead of why is this allowed to continue.

"And no..I'm NOT going to dig around to find one thread on ABW to link to for you to justify my point of view to you."

You don't have too, there aren't any.

What it comes down to is there are legit sales being made by good affiliates and at SAS, a merchant can have it so they don't have to pay on them. That is 100% wrong. Should not be allowed to happen on this platform. I understand merchants not wanting to pay on fraud, there are other ways to do it tho.

And we get this - "I've had 41 sales in the last 2 months or so and 26 reversals."

26 out of 41.
    Last edited by Trust; August 20th, 2010 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Not this again. This missing referring url stuff and merchants at SAS being allowed not to pay on those sales. It would be nice if one day the network did something about it for the affiliates.

Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    ...26 out of 41.
    Probably high-ticket sales at that..
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    Probably high-ticket sales at that..
    YUP! That's why I'm Pissed. But since I dumped them, their competitors are making money and SO AM I.

Good riddance SAS should do more to evict these fradulent merchants.

Oh and Andy R,

"This is one of those merchants that are really pushing our buttons ... you dont know how many times we have addressed this situation."

So this has been going on for quite some time and nothing has been done about it? HMMMM Someone's making $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by janew View Post
    Oh and Andy R,

"This is one of those merchants that are really pushing our buttons ... you dont know how many times we have addressed this situation."
    How many times does it take to get kicked out? Is 26+ enough?
    Last edited by leeann; August 20th, 2010 at 03:55 PM.
    leeann

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast