Shareasale Deals Feed Suggestions
    Firstly thanks Shareasale for providing a feed of deals, not many networks do this :-)

This is mainly pointing at merchants or whoever enters the data..

Would be much better if you could put titles in the title field and descriptions in the description field.

Just describing the offer itself and cutting out the crap would be helpful ie.. less of the "come on now", "click here", "don't miss this", "hot offer" (@focalprice), and the really annoying "back to school" when the offer has nothing to do with school!

I think the most important thing is all offers should include an rrp price and offer price or save amount.. otherwise it just doesn't appear to be an offer / deal. (we are starting to simply not list these)

Another annoying thing is when merchants list just about all their stock individually but justify entering it up in the deals feed by using 'free shipping' on each product as an excuse to call it an offer.. a single 'free shipping' offer is enough.

Don't include expiry dates or coupons in the description field, there is an expiry date field and coupon field for this.

Titles and Descriptions entered in nothing but CAPITALS.. arghhhh @Amiclubwear.com

I notice Adility include loads of 'offers' in the feed, does this merchant actually convert ok or is it a waste of time promoting ALL their offers (due to the shear amount of them)

Lee
    Last edited by iCodes; August 18th, 2010 at 08:37 PM.

My favorites are the ones with URLS in the coupon code field or those with the expiration date in the coupon code field. Another one is the descriptions aimed at the affiliate ("They will get free shipping when their order is over $xx..") that all need to be rewritten for the shopper. Thanks for the extra work.

Yeah forgot about those.. extremely annoying!.. then you get those who add deals as coupon codes and coupon codes as deals.

Few faqs for merchants..

When is a code not a code?.. when there is NO code.
    When is a deal promoted as a code?.. when there IS a code.

Lee
    Last edited by iCodes; August 19th, 2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: corrected a smelling pistake

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.

More annoying is BLANK fields, especially ITEM Name, Description or IMAGE If there is no item picture point to a image not available PIC

BUT the #1 annoyance for me is HTML in ANY field. MERCHANTS STOP THAT!

To be completely honest I don't think we should have to supply a list of what to do and what not to do, merchants should just use good old common sense!

We have exactly the same problems in the UK, it really is beyond belief that so many can't fill in a simple form correctly.

Lee

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by iCodes View Post
    To be completely honest I don't think we should have to supply a list of what to do and what not to do, merchants should just use good old common sense!
    Common sense to you and common sense to merchants are 2 totally different things As an OPM I can't even begin to tell you the things that you think merchants should know that they don't.... We educate those that we can, we shake our heads and step away from those we can't.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I suppose we are all wired up differently, although some just can't be wired up at all :-)

How I see it a form is a form irrelevant if it's on a piece of paper or on the screen, i mean can you imagine how they would get on filling in a form for a passport, driving license or a an insurance claim form :-)

...Please write your company name here Mr Focalprice... erm ok!... tel03844 584483!!!!@focalprice...11/09/81------we sell loads of stuff enter code OHFOHDO+FREE shipping don'/t miss it come on now!!!!!

Lee
    Last edited by iCodes; August 20th, 2010 at 11:02 PM.

...or when they put in the description field: "Questions? Call us toll-free at 1-800-DONT-CLIK!"

...or in the Category field - have the same category for all the products!
    Last edited by gamweb61; September 18th, 2010 at 01:32 AM.
    :coffeetim

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread