Ok im really confused on this whole site match thing, a while back you used to pay $39 and thats it you was included in to intokmi and yahoo, your site would get crawled updated etc... now.. i find unless you go with a company like position tech pay them $100 chances are any new sites you build are not going to turn up in yahoo or get crawled in yahoo or found in yahoo..

Google is ok... for the moment but yahoo is really shit.. i paid for one site through position tech to be included in yahoo $100 usa $50 is for inclusion and crap and $50 is MANDATORY for clicks once money is gone.. your gone... so what the hell is up with that.. What hope do you have of getting your site found in yahoo.. so pissed off.. this whole internet is becoming like a friggin YELLOW PAGES... wont belong and every engine will charge for your site to be seen even for the week.!!

what options do we have to get seen in yahoo? other than their crappy free search submit.. which is like saying ok ill submit now maybe by year 2008 my site will be crawled once!, give me a break...

Im so pissed off

far far away....
    you are wrong about

you can get spidered and indexed by yahoo.... for free! there is no reason I can think of to pay to get included.

that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Cambridgeshire, England
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LastHope:
    which is like saying ok ill submit now maybe by year 2008 my site will be crawled once!, give me a break...

Im so pissed off <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 months is more like it, I've never paid to be included in Yahoo and have all my sites listed pretty quickly.

Opposite the Slough of Despond
    Yahoo! and it's resellers are the scum of the earth. They ripped webmasters off with Inkomi and their false advertising, and now the Sitematch fiasco is just another way of getting money out of us.

I am *convinced* that I'm not in the Yahoo results for one of my sites *because* I was an Inktomi customer and they're hoping I'll blow another wad of cash with them.

Yahoo is a crap search engine anyway, and I think most web surfers realise this.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> because* I was an Inktomi customer <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of the sites I submitted through Inktomi got ditched or penalized by Yahoo, and those that I did not feel were "ready" for the investment at the time (last January, gearing up for the big transition) are are now regularly crawled, indexed, and ranked reasonably well for reasonably good search terms.

I'm convinced that if I had not submitted most of my sites back then I'd be looking at a much prettier picture.

I have no problem with paying $$$ for submissions (and in fact would prefer that all SE's would be 'pay to play'), but it will be a cold day in hell before I ever give Yahoo so much as a wooden nickel for the prospect putting my sites' fate at the mercy of a human reviewer with a starched purist bias against affiliate sites.

I find that Yahoo spiders my site at a rate of 3000 - 4000 pages a month. HOWEVER, for whatever reason, they only hold about 150 pages in the cache. Anyone have a simular experience, possibly a remedy?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Winter Park, FL
    My pay for inclusion site match experience for Yahoo / Overture has been dismal.

Thought the other services for indexing were always borderline scam - but thought overture site match would be different cuz of who they are and my GREAT experiences with the other Overture products...

I'm back in the never-pay-for-inclusion camp again now... and the $250 I paid into Overture site match (expected lots of hits and over banked funds) should last a few years at the rate it's getting hit...

Live and learn...

And now read ABW before forking over funds for ANYTHING - individual conquest, communal learning - ABW rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And hey, I mean you - who ever you are!!!!!!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread