Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Constantly Changing Datafeed File Names on Google Affiliate Network
    My first thought is that the engineers in charge of Datafeed files must have manure for brains, assuming they have any brains at all!

My second thought is that the engineers in charge of Datafeed files have a running joke to see how many ways they can change the name of the Datafeed files.

The most recent change was going from <Merchant>.com.zip to <Merchant>com.zip. In case you missed the difference, the dot (.) has been removed. What the hell?

They either have no clue that this constant changing of Datafeed file names may actually cause problems for affiliates or they are aware of the implications of their actions and don't give a crap because they are Google of course!

Enough is enough. The merchant did not change their name so keep your careless hands off the file names you idiots!

Lol. I'm actually in the process of writing my first script for GAN datafeeds. I have ones written for a few other networks. However, until I figure out how they save their files.. makes it kind of tough to get something going!

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson View Post
    Lol. I'm actually in the process of writing my first script for GAN datafeeds. I have ones written for a few other networks. However, until I figure out how they save their files.. makes it kind of tough to get something going!
    If I was building a new script I would make something that just lists the files in the directory, imports each into a temp table, and determines the vendor based on what is in the temp table. That way you could add new vendors from GAN and they would "just" show up. Right now I'm file/vendor based and that is more difficult to maintain.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread