Exclamation adWords traff not converting like Craigslist traffic? What!?
    Thank in advance for your posts

I have been trying to figure this out but can't come to any sort of conclusion. I have a hotel booking site that I am promoting. When I post a craigslist ad I would get about $7 value per craigslist post in popular cities. These craigslist ads get about 40 clicks or so.

Now I attempted an adWords campaign using the same methods. I bidded on keywords that implied the user was "ready to buy" like, cheap London hotels or London accommodation. You might also like to know that traffic from adWords filled out my form to find hotels at a high rate and stayed for a quality amount of time on the page.

So what's the difference?

I can't see why my traffic isn't converting like it used to. I would think adWords would bring even more quality traffic than craigslist. Please leave any suggestions of why this may be the case.

Thanks

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Setting up Adwords is quite difficult and this is a tough industry.

Are you using broad keyword matching? I think phrase or exact works better.

What are your quality scores?

personally I think "cheap" "discount" etc are BAD keywords not good ones.

Adwords traffic tends to be demanding. You need a polished site and strong call to action.

Thanks for your post
    I never thought of "cheap" or "discount" as bad keywords. I'll toss those out and see what happens. So what are good keywords to you? Would "compare hotel rates" be good?

You also mentioned about the call to action. Do you think these ads are good? These are the ads that I received the most clicks from. I realize there are a lot of "cheap" or "deal" keywords in them though.

O ya, and my quality scores are okayish, around 7.

London Accommodations
    Compare Rates & Find the Best Deal
    Cheapest Rate Guarantee
    url...

Cheapest Hotels in London
    Cheapest Rate Guarantee
    url...

London Hotel Discounts
    Cheapest Rate Guarantee
    url...

Cheap London Hotels
    Cheapest Rate Guarantee
    url...

Thanks andbeyond!

I used broad. I'll give exact & phrase a try. Thanks!

Try exact phrase match first.

Also, check your campaign settings to see where your ads are being distributed to.

For starters, I would select the option so they are "only" shown on Google.

After you have success with that, then choose option for Google & Search Partners. Last and rarely (because it converts the least) I will select options for content/adsense network.

Where your traffic comes from matters a lot based on my experiences. Start out with only exact matching and google search only.

according to my knowledge and information's, adwords is the best one, if we plane and mange our campaign with good strategies.. watching each and every cocern thing like ROI, keyword matching, landing pages, pace of ad in Adword..

Part of the problem may have to do with space for copy. With a Craigslist ad, you have essentially unlimited space to make your pitch and set the visitor up to convert when they hit your site.

On Adwords, you are much more limited in the amount of space you have to sell your pitch. Consequently, you must be much more succinct and strong with your language right up front.

Always be testing two ads with different copy at the same time. Toss out the under-performing one and start over.

Remember with any form of advertising or marketing, message continuity is important. You want the visitor to read your ad on Google and then smoothly transition onto your site where they convert. They shouldn't arrive wondering what you do, what you sell and why they are there. Have a clear, concise call to action in your Ad copy that becomes even stronger once they have clicked and landed on your site.

Good luck out there! :-)
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"][B]Zack Simpson[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Affiliate & Social Marketing Manager | [URL="http://www.moviepostershop.com"]Movie Poster Shop[/URL] | e: zack[at]moviepostershop.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Since CraigsList forbids affiliate ads, I don't see how you might have
    unlimited space
    there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Since CraigsList forbids affiliate ads, I don't see how you might have there.
    Hahaha I haven't been posting any sort of ads on Craigslist - certainly not affiliate!

BUT - if you are simply posting an ad on Craigslist, you have as much space as you want. It's quite possible the OP made efforts to "disguise" the affiliate nature of the ad.
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"][B]Zack Simpson[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Affiliate & Social Marketing Manager | [URL="http://www.moviepostershop.com"]Movie Poster Shop[/URL] | e: zack[at]moviepostershop.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread