Free advertising
    Hi,

I have developed a website for my mother that is starting to get about 50 hits per day from keyword searches. What would be the most effective use of this traffic to help get traffic on my own website? They are completely different so I don't think advertising from her site would be appropriate. I currently use banner linkshare from [REMOVED] but my ads only have a 1.2 CTR from this program and don't allow very specific ad market targeting.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bill; August 21st, 2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Removed specific site reference URL

I don't see how the two are related, why not just spend the time you are talking about using on getting traffic to your own site. For example, you could write articles about topics related to your site and publish them on sites like ezinearticles.com. If you aren't sure about the topics or types of articles to write, then search their site for your keywords and see what others have already written about. Doing something like that, promoting your own site directly, with be much more effective use of your time versus some banner or link exchange system. Also, of course focus on your site's own keyword searches, etc.

I have three other websites under development all of which I am doing the traditional free promotion techniques. The website I am referring to has the least amount of competition which is probably why it's getting many more hits.

So I guess the answer to my questions is Banner Exchange is not worth the time? Do you think 1.2 CTR is about average for this type of promotion?

Thanks for your response.

what if you go with simple SEO techniques, and go with most effective ways of it, as it will take little long but results will be well enough. blog commenting, forum posting, and directory submission etc, start these thing and be sure you are using resource with good PR, you will get good results.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread