SAS and coupon codes
    Hi guys,

Quick question... are coupon codes at SAS (for a given merchant) linked to individual publishers? or "generic" for all publishers? (ie: can I put any coupon code on my site that I find online and still get credit for the sale, if the customer uses it after clicking my affiliate link?)

Thanks!
    Last edited by bravo; August 23rd, 2010 at 11:09 PM.

http and a telephoto
    If you can see it in the *deals database* you can use it on your site as long as you are an affiliate approved by that merchant. Private coupon codes for other affiliates will not be visible to you.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

can I put any coupon code on my site that I find online and still get credit for the sale
    By "Online" if you mean from the SAS coupon database yes, you will not see private coupons, but if you are scraping coupons from other sources you may be breaking the merchants T&Cs.

Thanks for the feedback guys... ya I'm an approved affiliate by the merchant... and I'm not scraping coupons... the reason I'm asking is the coupons I see in the SAS coupons database for the merchant are not as good as the coupons I see at several coupon sites so I'm wondering if I put the coupon site coupon on my site will I still get credit for the sale (or will the coupon site get credit)... is that breaking any terms etc...
    Last edited by bravo; August 24th, 2010 at 12:36 AM.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys... ya I'm an approved affiliate by the merchant... and I'm not scraping coupons... the reason I'm asking is the coupons I see in the SAS coupons database for the merchant are not as good as the coupons I see at several coupon sites so I'm wondering if I put the coupon site coupon on my site will I still get credit for the sale (or will the coupon site get credit)... is that breaking any terms etc...
    If the code isn't in the deals database *you* cannot use it. There are sites that do get exclusive coupons and if you use them you will probably get booted by the merchant. Using a coupon from another coupon site *is* scraping or stealing. Also if you post coupons that aren't intended for the affiliate channel you can get booted also. Check the terms of the merchant you are looking to post coupons for, and reach out to the affiliate manager if you think you can drive enough sales to qualify for a special coupon of your own.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks for the info loxly... that answers my question.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread