Starting with WordPress
    Ok,

I'm one step further than I was yesterday, so I feel like I'm getting somewhere. Gcarson answered my question on what to do as far as webdesign (thanks Gcarson.) So now, my questions are after choosing an affiliate program.

1) If I haven't used a product or service, how can I write about it (with any integrity?)

2) Let take hotel X. How can I create 100 pages of content for a hotel? Is there that much to say about it?

3) How do I fine tune just one subject that I'm passionate about and find a affiliate program I can believe in?

Eric

Affiliate Manager
    1) Then use the product
    2) No, there isn't
    3) Research, research, research!

Good Luck!

1) If I haven't used a product or service, how can I write about it (with any integrity?)
    When you start a blog, the idea is to write about what you do know and love, whatever your interests are you should be able to write about it day after day with enthusiasm. Blog traffic is built by people want to read what you say, not about pushing products.

2) Let take hotel X. How can I create 100 pages of content for a hotel? Is there that much to say about it?
    You don't need 100 pages to start, you should have 100 pages or more by the end of a year. This isn't about overnight wealth, it's about gathering people who listen to you talking about what you know and love. As you progress, you will find products and services that you do feel good about recommending to your followers. You will also get ideas about what you could do differently. This is where we all started at some time. It is a long climb, but taking the first step is how you start.

3) How do I fine tune just one subject that I'm passionate about and find a affiliate program I can believe in?
    That is the question. That is why it is easier to start without products and then find them as you grow. There are Wordpress sites done differently, some don't look like blogs at all, but to get your feet wet, it takes small steps. You have lots to learn, but starting your first site without being familiar with html, css, htaccess and all the other things you need to learn, needs to be done one step at a time. In a month - or 3 or 6, you will know enough to pick up the speed and try new things. For now, you just need to start so you can begin to learn. Good luck.

Hey your welcome on the wordpress suggestion! One more suggestion with wordpress. When you want to do something, google it with the word 'plugin'. Chances are, someone else wanted something just like you do and there's a plugin for it.

Like what was said above, pick something you like and run with it. See what works and what doesn't work. Don't get discouraged when you don't make $100K / month (it took me 6 months to hit that number.. in my dreams!). See what works and what doesn't work, refine and repeat.
    Last edited by gcarson; August 25th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread