ABW Ambassador
    The promotional email I responded to said:

"Stop paying sky-high prices for Microsoft hosting! As a limited-time introductory offer, you'll get Microsoft shared hosting for the same unbeatable price as our Linux hosting! And to offer Microsoft hosting at these low prices, rest assured, we haven't skimped on one single feature. But act fast because these prices are only good through the end of July!"

I opened an account on July 28th, even though the website had listed a monthly price $3.00 higher. (Still not a bad price, but not what was promoted.) I assumed they would adjust the charge but after several emails, this is the response:

"We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    We did say the end of july but we did not specify a date of when the prices would change.

We again are sorry."

My calendar says July ended on the 31st. I guess it was wrong. Or, did I fall for a bait & switch act?

Wayne

I would close that account and dispute the charges so fast it wouldn't be funny.
    I have had so many host problems I have lost track. At the slightest hint of something fishy, I cut bait and run.
    To skiff a customer for $3 a month on what was clearly a promotion good "through the end of July" means this company has issues.
    Who were they anyway?
    If you don't want to post it in public, could you PM them to me?
    I like to keep track of the good, the bad and the ugly MS hosting companies.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

ABW Ambassador
    I won't mention their name but it adds up to 2.

I actually have been enjoying some quality free hosting with them for some small non-windows based mini-sites with the idea of moving them and all my ASP sites when they were ready to offer MS servers. Had they honored their offer, I would have opened at least a half dozen new accounts with them immediately and more in the future. This certainly has soured them in my esteem.

Even though their prices are still much better than what I've been paying, I think I'll leave the rest of the sites where they are. That host has the best customer service I've encountered since starting in 1998. (You can add Alentus to your "Good" list of MS Hosts.)

Wayne

1and1 = 2

Uh that's just about the biggest hosting compnay in the world isn't it?
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    Uh that's just about the biggest hosting compnay in the world isn't it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah, that's why I was kind of surprised they would pull this.

Wayne

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread