Non publisher owned web properties to promote advertisers
    Really, the more I am researching into this, the more confused I am getting. The following is stated in the CJ code of conduct:

"The Use of Non-Publisher Owned Web Properties/Sites/Pages to Promote Advertisers. Other than paid search, publishers may only promote advertisers on Web pages/sites/properties that they, themselves, own or operate. Publishers may not place affiliate links/tracking code, nor promote Web sites that contain affiliate links/tracking code, in or on third- forums, message boards, blog comment areas, classified advertisement services (such as CraigsList.org), etc., unless given permission from the third-party to do so."

So what does the above mean? I cannot post my website, (which will ofcourse contain the affiliate link) on free classified advertisement services, blogs? Or post my affiliate program? That leaves me only with paid search like Google adwords, etc? Or am I missing something? What is actually meant by affiliate link? If I don't place my link, how will people find my page? REALLY REALLY confused

It's pretty simple. You can only place CJ/Affiliate links on web sites that you own or control.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    It's pretty simple. You can only place CJ/Affiliate links on web sites that you own or control.
    Then how the hell am I supposed to promote my affiliate program???

Quote Originally Posted by Turki View Post
    Then how the hell am I supposed to promote my affiliate program???
    There are plenty of ways to promote your site AND stay within network/merchant guidelines. SEO, PPC, article marketing, email marketing, social networking etc.

Start reading in the ABestWeb Affiliate Academy. You'll find threads that cover all of these topics and more including Madame Loxly's AffiliateABCs.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    You need to understand the difference between placing links and linking websites. You can put what ever affiliate links from joined programs on your sites that you want, and you can link and promote your sites on any number of forums, blogs, directories, etc. that permit it. You just cannot eliminate the middle man and post affiliate links directly in such places.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

What they mean is your link should be on your website which you own and operate, and that you can't post the direct affiliate link in the aforementioned areas

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread