Why Doesn't LS Require Timely Commission Payments?
    To state the painfully obvious, Linkshare is one of the big 3 networks, yet unlike SAS & CJ, allows extremely late-paying merchants to carry on, raking in $$$ from affiliates' efforts.
    Our standard payment terms require LinkShare's advertisers to pay by the end of the calendar month once the invoice is posted.
    There effectively is no requirement as there is no penalty for late-paying merchants. They can keep running their programs with impunity.

Yes, affiliates can use their "Missing Payment Report Form", but you aren't even guaranteed the simple decency of an acknowledgement from LS that you filed it. When you submit the form, there's no paper trail, no history of your complaints.

Premium merchants can game the system, as posted on another ABW thread, something like just make on-time payment once every 3 mos. or so & can still maintain their premium merchant status.

Merchants who convert well know they can't easily be replaced & that they can get away with this tactic. LS facilitates it by not requiring escrow accounts. Where is their responsibility to affiliates?

Is LS's position "you're lucky we allow you to be publishers in our network...quit your whining about wanting to be paid?" OK...I do know the answer to that.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I've repeated that complaint to people at every level of the company. They're certainly aware that it's a major issue to many of us.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I know they know...just had to vent. By now, their system is so ingrained it's highly unlikely they'd risk mass defection by merchants if they changed their policy.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

As soon as I get paid in full I'm dropping LS.

I've had to ask for each and every payment.
    Can't count on them.

And I can't/won't recommend them to anyone looking for an affiliate network.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread