I'm sure we all appreciate automation because any automation at all in our business is helpful. What if there was a program that you can install on your server that's fueled by your affiliate links that can replicate sites like pricegrabber.com or shopping.com? How would that affect affiliate marketing? Everybody would have the ability to make a cookie cutter shopping mall and cutomize it to any category, genre, or theme. Turn price comparisons on or off for merchants of your choice.

I'm sure pricegrabber has no interest in selling their platform, but what would happen to them if somebody else did..

Just a thought,
    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    If that site is reliant on SE's for traffic, i would put my money on the already established sites. Plus i think that market is saturated enough, products, shopping comparison etc. Also some of the bigger sites in that category aren't really reliant on SE's and have money to spend on advertising and get free publicity elsewhere. What would happen? I would imagine just another cookie cutter site making no money.

Think of it like a forum. Used to be that forums were the big traffic grabbers. Now you can go to any software site and download a free forum. What if you could do the same and download a shopping comparison program. If used correctly, a forum can be valuable to a site, but not the key. Isn't it time a price comparison tool is the same. It won't be wether you have it, but how you use it.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe as an addition to a site or incorporated into one but not as a stand alone site. I'll leave that to the pricegrabbers, shopping.com, bizrate, froogle, yahoo shopping etc.

So how do you think that would affect things? It would definitely raise the bar for programmers, but the marketers and content writers will have a great chance.

ABW Ambassador
    There are already affiliate sites doing this. Don't know how it would affect anything, not a direction i would go in, customized cookie cutter shopping comparison sites.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread