Great domain naming tools
    I'm looking for a domain name suggestion tool. I know the keywords I want to use, but finding a domain name that isn't already taken is a pain in the you know what.

Any suggestions?

Michael

http://www.bustaname.com

Its my go-to tool for sure whenever I just "have to" buy a new domain name...

3. Thanks From:

Bustaname looks pretty cool. thanks!

NameStation is another one I like to use... http://www.namestation.com/
    [SIZE="2"][LEFT][B]David Culpepper, SubscriptionAgent.com[/B]
    [URL=http://www.subscriptionagent.com/aff/index.html]Affiliate Program Info[/URL] | E: [email=david@subscriptionagent.com]david@subscriptionagent.com[/email] | [URL=http://twitter.com/dculpepper]Twitter[/URL] | [URL=http://www.facebook.com/DavidCulpepper]Facebook[/URL]
    30% Commission & LIFETIME Cookie![/LEFT][/SIZE]

I've used namestation before and it's been the one I like the best, but it caps it's searches at 25 names whether they are taken or not, which I find frustrating.

I always use http://justdropped.com/ which shows domain names that were previously held that just became available. A free signup is required. I find looking through domains others thought were worthy of buying in the past is a great way to brainstorm.

I usually pick one or two keywords I am looking for in the name and always set a max length or you will be bombarded with results.

Tom

I've used bustaname and found that they were willing to have you click through to GoDaddy to buy domains that were not available. That isn't helpful and appears to be just another way to set a cookie for whatever domain you do end up buying. If you understand that they aren't giving you a list of available domains, just a list of nice domain names it seems like a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by atomgiant View Post
    I always use http://justdropped.com/ which shows domain names that were previously held that just became available. A free signup is required. I find looking through domains others thought were worthy of buying in the past is a great way to brainstorm.

I usually pick one or two keywords I am looking for in the name and always set a max length or you will be bombarded with results.

Tom
    Cool - I hadn't used JustDropped in so long I almost forgot about it. I took a few minutes to "explore" it all over again. I found a great "checks" domain that perfectly fits one of our niches - 10 letters with two generic, descriptive root words (yes, one of them is "checks") and dot-com, to boot. Can't believe it had been dropped three times over the last six years and that no one had developed it. So...I spent part the afternoon building a new site. I'll add a few more product pages tomorrow and set a couple of inbound links - and it should be good to go...

Thank you, atomgiant, for the reminder. I appreciate it. Fun times.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

.... if you are looking for domain names, LOL, I have 2012 currently, wanna buy one . Getting the right name is tricky - out of the truckload I have about 3-400 are good, many are so-so and some are less than so so.

Justdropped is good as are a number of other domain sites selling expired domains - I got
    Cell3D.com there - I couldn't believe it was allowed to expire - the mind boggles as to what it may be worth when 3D phones are released next year

When searching for a domain I like to the use domaintools.com. If you click on the suggestions tab and insert your domain they will give you other suggestions and tell you which extensions are still free. Its a free for about 50 or so searches a day.

domaintools.com is highly recommended. However, you need to try thesaurus tools that has word mapping. Then you can enter any keyword that you want and you'll get a list of all kinds of synonyms that might become useful words to use in your domain.

You should also consider old domain name. Old domain names have more search engine trust and may achieve good rankings for competitive keywords in short time.
    Last edited by Rozanne; December 2nd, 2010 at 08:06 AM.

domain forum
    BustAName is a tool to help find domain names. Watch the Video Tutorial to learn how to use it.Great domain names are often as short as possible, represent your organization name or cause so that the name is somewhat intuitive to your viewers. You should avoid words that have multiple spellings, like won.org versus one.org. But getting a short domain name with only 4 or 5 letters can be difficult, they are mostly taken.

Quote Originally Posted by gara12 View Post
    BustAName is a tool to help find domain names. Watch the Video Tutorial to learn how to use it.Great domain names are often as short as possible, represent your organization name or cause so that the name is somewhat intuitive to your viewers. You should avoid words that have multiple spellings, like won.org versus one.org. But getting a short domain name with only 4 or 5 letters can be difficult, they are mostly taken.
    Bustaname could not find a domain name for me

I like mostly this BustAName tools and dnScoop

Traffic Travis has a domain research tool. It will give you a list of available domains related to your keywords.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Traffic Travis is a fantastic tool but Bustaname offers discounts on Go Daddy purchases

I found namestation is having the cool feature- contest which gives human touch( Not just random names) while finding domains

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread