Updated Rules - Any Feedback?
    One of the "back burner" projects I've had was rewriting the rules to better reflect how we actually moderate and use ABW. I've finally completed that project. You can find the new rules here:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...40#post1041940

The old rules are in the same thread, so you can compare the two.

If you have any questions, observations, or see any problems with the new rules, please let me know.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I wish I could write a/10th as well!!

Two thoughts - you have variations of the 'we won't remove posts/threads by request' twice - and in the list of offensive posts ' Posts containing racist, sexual ...' you might want to include 'political' - we do have some contentious political fights coming up ...

Charles

some notes:
    Posting language (English only?, can the board be effectively moderated if the moderators can’t read/understand the post?)

“get illegal software and other product” the definition of illegal will vary from country to country.. so whose definition of illegal?

Signature: “May not be greater than 3 lines of text.”, but the “best practices” section has exceptions.

Limit political posts to the issues directly involved with the industry.

“Any derogatory post referencing any person...” Why not just leave off all the various types of derogatory and make it across the board?

That's a tough one, because some political discussion is allowed (and even encouraged). For instance, all of the affiliate nexus issues are political. Political jokes are fine in the Daily Chuckle. As long as it doesn't get offensive or divisive, I have no problem with political discussion. I think the other rules that cover being polite, not making personal attacks, and offensive rules give the moderators enough justification to remove any politically divisive threads.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Just to set the correct expectations, I'm going to wait until the feedback dies down and make one single revision to the new rules based on all of the feedback, rather than a bunch of small changes.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

http and a telephoto
    All the posts about posts being deleted have been moved to a new thread and the topic closed. All points have been noted and will be taken into consideration. Michael requested the split, he is not someplace he could do it himself.

Please stay on track with constructive discussion about the new rules and not a bunch of name calling and finger pointing please.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread