Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mine is about 40% down. It started Mon and it has been like this all week. Nothing changed on my site and I seem to have the same search positions. How is your traffic compared to last week? Is it because August is slower, stock market or just my site?

any ideas?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    My traffic this week has been very good, but today . . . for some reason, traffic is way below normal, about 50% less, and the number of pages indexed has only increased, very strange...
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

ABW Ambassador
    Being summer and all, it is normal to see a slow down in traffic. My positions in the SEs have held up just fine, but traffic has made a slow decline since late June. Not surprising, really.

Look for a rebound later in September, I suspect.

mine is down, down, down. It's been down all summer but this last week has been excessive.

Mine was going strong till it hit its peak on the 4th then started to slow down in a downturn trend.
    Overall, this month traffic seems more or less pretty much the same as previous months.

Something must have changed because I had a sharp decline today in traffic due to Google. I'm just going to ignore it and work on my existing return traffic. I'm tired of playing the Google/Yahoo blues.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I have four domains in one main folder on a server so webalizer stats are for all at once. Traffic is usually quieter on the weekends and has been trending just a little down overall for five weeks on weekdays. This week is down a little more with the exception of yesterday (Friday) which is probably normal for this part of the year. One of the sites was sharply up yesterday, probably a fluke although I really wish an upward trend would come back.

Animal Lover
    There's talk around that google is making shifts in other webmaster forums...there's a change ahappening...

One of my sites was languishing in page 10 for months and this week has magically reappeared on page 1 and then jumped to page 3 and then 2...something's cooking.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

My Google traffic has slowed this month, but my overall traffic is up due to return visitors via bookmarks and direct URL type-ins. Google rankings for top pages has gone up a little with lots of number ones. The first week of the last few months showed a large jump in Google traffic with the indexing of new pages. I've not seen that happen in August yet. Hmm..
    ~Ernie

Traffic may be down because people aren't shopping.

People may not be shopping because they have no money. They may have no money because they have no jobs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The Dow Jones industrial average plunged nearly 150 points Friday to a new 2004 low as investors bailed out of stocks in the wake of a disappointing jobs report and continuing high oil prices......

Payroll figures released early Friday showed employers added just 32,000 jobs last month, data low enough to warrant worries that a slowing in the economy in June may have been more just a brief pause......

"We've broken through our lows for the year, and the outlook for the near future looks even more negative," said Michael Sheldon, chief market strategist at Spencer Clarke LLC. "Today's jobs data was clearly disappointing and calls into question the strength of the labor market, the strength of the economy and the strength of corporate profits over the next few quarters."......

The July job report reflects the weakest increase in hiring since December and comes after a revised gain of just 78,000 in June, even less than previously reported. Economists had forecast the creation of roughly 243,000 jobs for July......

The job figures "were a big surprise and they clearly rocked the market," said Hugh Johnson, chief investment officer at First Albany Corp. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our business is kind of directly related to the over all economy, don't ya think?
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040806/D849VH280.html
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

My Google traffic has equalized with the traffic coming from Yahoo and MSN. And up over all.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

apparently a lot of people are feeling this. There's a post on another webmaster forum and many people are reporting up to 50% drops. Something is in the air. I doubt it's the economy...I just heard Bush saying how great it was a day or two ago . Plus, 40%-50% drops in shopping? I don't see it...unless August is that much worst than July

15 years and counting
    My traffic from Google is way down. I'm seing major changes and it doesn't look good for the affiliates.
    For many of my main keywords where I was in the top 5, websites like amazon.com are pushing me further down and I don't see any affiliate sites above me. Something is going on for sure.

ABW Ambassador
    Google has lost some of it's search % in the US market it seems, not very much, but then it's summer so fewer people search.

imho Google has raised the threshold for spidering of sites,

It used to be that you could get 20k pages spidered with a PR5. That seems to have gone up quite a bit, and duplicate filters are stronger, and most known feeds are big time. They've been for a few months because they
    are "duplicates"

Amazon where first out. What they do is they apply slow-death, so they remove a few pages every day and after 1 month or so, only a few are left.

[all mho]

"People may not be shopping because they have no money. They may have no money because they have no jobs"

Baloney!

The jobs report showed a continued increase in new jobs, and a lower jobless rate. It just wasn't as big as they had hoped.

Fred

My google traffic is down by about a third. Luckily, I get traffic from paid sources too.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Baloney!

The jobs report showed a continued increase in new jobs, and a lower jobless rate. It just wasn't as big as they had hoped.

Fred <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Baloney? I don't blame the numbers for this huge drop in traffic but I don't buy your post at all.
    How many new jobs need to be created just to keep up with population growth? 150,000 a month, just to be at the same level. We're 118,000 in the red, never mind actually gaining. Even if we "ganied" 32,000 jobs, that's 5 jobs a county. Think how many jobs that is. As far as the Household Surveys, we can't keep going back and forth picking one one month, and the other one when it's convenient.

Regarding % numbers: once your unemployment runs out, you're employeed as far as the Gubmit is concerned, whether you have a job or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> once your unemployment runs out, you're employeed as far as the Gubmit is concerned, whether you have a job or not. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is true. I suspect there are a whole lot of non-unemployed folks with no jobs at all. They don't spend a lot online.

This would of necessity have to effect our sales.

Sometimes, we look for obscure reasons for lack of sales and overlook the obvious ones.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The jobs report showed a continued increase in new jobs, and a lower jobless rate. It just wasn't as big as they had hoped. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Self-employed entrepeneurs and work at home people are not included in the jobless report. I heard there was a huge increase in self employment. Unfortunately a lot of newly self employed people are not pulling in big bucks yet.
    ~Ernie

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    How is your google traffic compaired to yesterday and the day before?
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Wow, today is the worst I've seen it this year. I didn't even think I could have such low traffic. Bummer..
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snib:
    Wow, today is the worst I've seen it this year. I didn't even think I could have such low traffic. Bummer.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Join the gang. Worst in years. I'm ashamed but what can I do. I think this is a huge hit to punish a certain technique or just a bug. I wish I knew what it was...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Even if we "ganied" 32,000 jobs, that's 5 jobs a county <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a survey of 300,000 companies, not every company in the US. There are several hundred thousand companies not counted in this survey, so it is best used to spot month on month trends, not to apply real numbers to the count of jobs actually created or lost.

So all that can really be extrapolated from this months survey is that job growth is still trending up, but the growth has flattened (or slowed, depending on your political bent).

true,
    but when we poll, we don't poll everyone in the USA...we just poll around 1000 and figure out the stats. No matter how it's done, this is the same way it has been done for years and we have to live with the results, like them or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lansing:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Even if we "ganied" 32,000 jobs, that's 5 jobs a county <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a survey of 300,000 companies, not every company in the US. There are several hundred thousand companies not counted in this survey, so it is best used to spot month on month trends, not to apply real numbers to the count of jobs actually created or lost.

So all that can really be extrapolated from this months survey is that job growth is still trending up, but the growth has flattened (or slowed, depending on your political bent). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

87% of statistics are just made up on the fly anyway.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast