Affiliate Manager matt@accessorygenie.com's Avatar
    Does Anyone Actually Take Advantage of the AQUARIUM in Shareasale??
    I've been attempting to reach out to Affiliates in the Aqaurium. It seems to me that most people setup an account and never check back. It feels sort of like a ghost town. Is this a waste of time?

We've seen huge success recently and are hoping to expand on that success in September. What's the best way to reach out to new Affiliates?

I signed up and have never been back. It was so new and unpopulated that I figured something would be posted here when it was going good. Glad you started this thread as I would like to hear more about it. Looks like a good idea waiting to get going.

ABW Ambassador
    I think it would have been a great idea, years ago. Like you two, I signed up and really never went back. The people I see that joined are basically the same people I already have on Twitter, that post here etc. It would be another place I would have to login to, when we already have forums, Twitter, Facebook, every merchant now has a blog, messengers, email, etc. Just very thinned out, so people usually pick a few places.

Affiliate Manager
    Agreed with the above two posters. We are recently new members but we haven't seen much activity. Will be keeping an eye on it though. We just became a shareasale member and are looking for affiliates.

Affiliate Manager matt@accessorygenie.com's Avatar
    Thanks for the insight!

Outsourced Program Manager - Parenting Niche hermedia's Avatar
    I think if people didn't need to 'log in' to view our profiles, I would not only use the profiles more but promote them as well. I think SAS is on the right track with this idea- but they are missing the 'social media' aspect of it by not generating unique profile ids that can be viewed by the general public (similar to our merchant sign up urls).

The Aquarium displays/reveals the name I use to endorse a check to people and in that regard I can not control my identity so I switched myself to "private" -- I'd rather email the OPMs, AMs, merchants individually.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Manager Electronic Cigarettes's Avatar
    That is good, I was thinking about signing up for that for our electronic cigarettes affiliate program through share-a-sale.

Outsourced Program Manager
    i signed up a week ago and went back once and saw no activity. Good idea but....
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey Everyone ... it will definitely take time to get significant traffic in there but it is going to be continually grown into the general interface over time, which means that activity will continually go up. I'd definitely recommend (especially for OPMs, Affiliate Managers, etc...) to take the time to setup a blog, become active, etc... It will mean that with every new affiliate joining, you'll be seen as an active member - a nice early adopter bonus.

Rhia7 - that's why we have the privacy controls as well as the option not to participate in the Aquarium at all. We wanted an opt-in way for Affiliate Managers to recruit Affiliates who wanted to be recruited.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

http and a telephoto
    Have you created a way for OPMs to create a blog yet in the Aquarium? If so I haven't been informed on how yet.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    Rhia7 - that's why we have the privacy controls as well as the option not to participate in the Aquarium at all. We wanted an opt-in way for Affiliate Managers to recruit Affiliates who wanted to be recruited.
    I have no objection to being recruited by an Affiliate Manager/OPM.
    I have no objection to an Affiliate Manager seeing my details.

I do object to having other affiliates [I might not have encountered yet] see the name I use to endorse checks. The set up [as it is now] seems to suggest that
    any "Joe Affiliate" can see some of my pertinent affiliate stats plus not just my First and Last name *but* my First, Middle, and Last in a legal sense.

It's an identity theft fiasco waiting to happen
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 27th, 2010 at 05:38 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'd definitely recommend (especially for OPMs, Affiliate Managers, etc...) to take the time to setup a blog,
    I did that when Aquarium first started, but then I thought... when I add a new product line that I want to tell folks about,

I blog it on The Mail Order Shoppe Blog

I Facebook it

I Twitter It

I send out an Affiliate Newsletter

I post it on ABW

Whatever I do, Debbie does on all the places she has to announce

I felt posting the same thing in Aquarium would just be overkill

I'm trying to keep Aquarium a more intimate and personal affair, and haven't reconciled with myself how to do it yet

Best,
    Billy Kay

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Signed up, no one was around so I left and haven't been back.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread