I am a new online merchant who wants to share my revenue with affiliates, but....
    CJ and ShareASale wants hundreds of dollars just to sign up with them. Are there any more affiliate providers that have a better startup costs so I don't have to be $500-$1000 in the hole just to try their service.
    Last edited by glpdirect; August 31st, 2010 at 09:40 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Not any well known ones I don't think. I think SAS has one of the lower barriers to entry and I don't think I would work with a network that would require less. Probably wouldn't be too stable of a network and I like merchants that have a little money to get things going. Those are well known networks you're talking about and work for many merchants, you'd have a better chance there, than paying less for who knows what, trying to save a little money.

$500 start-up cost is dirt cheap; that's less than it would cost to run a small display ad in the newspaper for a week. And if you're not ready or able to spend pocket money like that to promote your business, then you are really not ready to "try" running an affiliate program anyway.

Affiliates really aren't interested in promoting merchants that are "just trying things out".

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but..... just being real.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Outsourced Program Manager Ashish Selarka's Avatar
    SAS has one of the best services and has one of the lowest barriers for sure. I agree with Trust, about not wanting to work with a network that would require less. Also keep in mind that you need to show your affiliates that you are serious about your program and are willing to make the investment as well.
    [B]Ashish Selarka[/B]
    Outsourced Program Manager (OPM)
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Programs Managed[/B][/COLOR]: Coming Soon.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by glpdirect View Post
    CJ and ShareASale wants hundreds of dollars just to sign up with them. Are there any more affiliate providers that have a better startup costs so I don't have to be $500-$1000 in the hole just to try their service.
    As already noted, you aren't ready for an affiliate program if you can't afford the start up costs for Shareasale. Also there is the cost for having creatives made and you probably need a consultant to help you get your site ready for affiliates and help you get set up in whatever network you choose.

There is more to having an affiliate program than just setting up in a network and "trying it out".
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I Suggest AffiliateBot. They cost less (Around $250 one time setup cost) but you can get good number of affiliates across the globe.

http and a telephoto
    Shareasale is only $550, he isn't looking to spend any money at all.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi1981 View Post
    I Suggest AffiliateBot. They cost less (Around $250 one time setup cost) but you can get good number of affiliates across the globe.
    AffiliateBot? The all-time spammers/rule breakers who got booted out of here a couple of years ago?

Yea, right.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread