Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar

You can still get delivery by Christmas at www.ehobbies.com according to their above ..top of page display

When you have a niche's site that always did 100.00+ a month in commissions at Lame old BeFree before management changes, you'd expect more than one $ sign by Ehobbies at CJ in the last 11 months.

YTD Stats on very targeted hobby shoppers ...
    eHobbies.com commissions earned=$26.28 orders=3 clicks=4,067 impressions=295,720 0.014 $0.09 0.001 EPC= $0.65

Add to this misery they set the all time CJ reversal record averaging 97% return rate in April-May and June of 2002. They have that in control now averaging a 71% reversal rate. I hear their closeout section where the real bargains hang out is doing well with links to it on all pages. Problem is they pay ZIP commissions there for affiliate sales.

Someone please inform the parasites they are listed on to complain somewhere (not here) about the conversion ratio. The concerned owner wishes feed back from affiliate on how to improve his sites conversion ratio so he can attract more good affiliates like me..

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on December 13, 2002 at 01:02 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I figure the banner with it's numbers all over it would be enough reason to not to deal with them.
    I don't have a huge issue with a phone number on a site, as long as it isn't used to divert traffic. Some consumer trust can be built with a number on site. To have it all over the banners is not good. I stopped pushing a merchant in the summer because all there links had a number to call.

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

ABW Ambassador
    First thing I noticed was the Partner Stores! Looks like a lot of leaks to me.
    Cazzie

That site couldn't convert if you handed the visitor a prepaid credit card and entered the order for them yourself!

If they want to attract better affiliates, they just need to come here and peruse the forums. They'll get plenty of tips!

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Are you people actually USING them??

I can't help it if my hobby pages get a lot of traffic. I pulled 2 dedicated sections to them from other sites but have to find some alternative to RC type hobbies. OS sells out the few they show quicker then they can get them in and really sucks in the Hobby/Toy area.

I'm too smart to showcase KBtoys/eToys who only push full retail items anyway. Help you guys.

WebMaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

"they set the all time CJ reversal record averaging 97% return rate in April-May and June of 2002."

Well, CJ lets merchants with higher reversal rates than that to continue to defraud publishers.

For example, take a look at Intellihome
    https://members.cj.com/member/accoun...chantid=694441

November and December 2002 reversal rate is 100%
    I'm sure that's not high enough yet to trigger a red flag in CJs high tech anti-fraud detection systems. Another quality merchant.

And comming from a merchant with a 100% reversal rate you got to love their sales pitch to sucker in more publishers.
    "Join now and see how IntelliHome can soon become your Best Performing Merchant.
    (I Hope I can do better than your 100% reversal rates)
    You can not go wrong! (If you run now and don't join)
    We offer the products and services people want with IntelliHome, a name they can trust. (Trust us, we only cheat our affiliates)
    Best of all, IntelliHome backs all purchases with a, 15 day, satisfaction guarantee policy. You will not be disappointed (in our 100% reversal rate)-do not miss this opportunity to earn $$$$! (That's dollars for us, We stiff our affiliates)
    Partner with us today and get the performance you deserve.(I think I'm going to puke)"

quote:
    Originally posted by Commission King:
    "they set the all time CJ reversal record averaging 97% return rate in April-May and June of 2002."

Well, CJ lets merchants with higher reversal rates than that to continue to defraud publishers.

For example, take a look at Intellihome
    https://members.cj.com/member/accoun...chantid=694441

November and December 2002 reversal rate is 100%
    I'm sure that's not high enough yet to trigger a red flag in CJs high tech anti-fraud detection systems. Another quality merchant.

And comming from a merchant with a 100% reversal rate you got to love their sales pitch to sucker in more publishers.
    "Join now and see how IntelliHome can soon become your Best Performing Merchant.
    _(I Hope I can do better than your 100% reversal rates)_
    You can not go wrong! _(If you run now and don't join)_
    We offer the products and services people want with IntelliHome, a name they can trust. _(Trust us, we only cheat our affiliates)_
    Best of all, IntelliHome backs all purchases with a, 15 day, satisfaction guarantee policy. You will not be disappointed _(in our 100% reversal rate)_-do not miss this opportunity to earn $$$$! _(That's dollars for us, We stiff our affiliates)_
    Partner with us today and get the performance you deserve._(I think I'm going to puke)_"

Looks like they are right. If people are suckers enough to use them, shame on them.

This is almost getting to be laughable.

Same story over and over again.

Did it ever occur to you ninnies that a lot of merchants may come here. They see your docile roll over attitude and think to themselves "remove ebates and parasites? why? these dumb bell webmasters arent ever gonna do anything to us"

Wow, you guys really know how to inspire change in a merchant.

Haiko, excuse me for saying this but is it possible to get a private forum for these types of posts? This is a huge disservice to webmasters that WILL make a change.

The last thing that we need is for merchant-land to come here and think we are all a bunch of nincompoops. It is scary, the amount of posts of webmasters publicly stating they arent going to remove or penalize offenders. Why no one has realized this before is beyond me.....

This is just leaving the rest of us wide open to be taken advantage of.

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    I can't help it if my hobby pages get a lot of traffic. I pulled 2 dedicated sections to them from other sites but have to find some alternative to RC type hobbies. OS sells out the few they show quicker then they can get them in and really sucks in the Hobby/Toy area.

I'm too smart to showcase KBtoys/eToys who only push full retail items anyway. Help you guys.

WebMaster Mike

Mike is right you guys, someone needs to help him.

Mike look at some of your posts, seriously. Nearly every single one of them, you are complaining about some rip-off merchant. Then you try to convince everyone here that you are only using them because you "have to" and you "cant help it"!!

I know there is a medical term for this condition, but I cant recall what it is.

Id be straight up embarrassed to admit this stuff!

So Mike, what can we do to help?

Regarding the tiny R/C cars, Hobbytron has been doing pretty well for me of late.

Hobbytron doesn't cover the entire hobbiest range of products, but they have a pretty decent selection of R/C and electronics kits.

I ignor papasan since he was the receipricant of the discarded brain transplant requested in this thread.
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...4526012081&p=3

I'll look into the other R/C merchant mentioned above ..thanks. PS: those mini-RC cars are sell outs everywhere, so watch those spamm e-mails leading to some phoney ordering pages. Alert Notices posted here at ABW are designed to tip off both affiliates and trolling merchants that we catch all the crap they try and hide. No need for a special forum to hide the dirty laundry blowing in the breeze.

For those who are interested eHobbies cancelled all my this month's sales with the reversal reason ...Ta da .."unqualified lead" ..LOL

sample:
    Original Transaction ID 95249538
    Correction Transaction ID 96259572
    SID NA
    Event Date 11/28/02 07:03:23 AM
    Original Transaction Posting Date 11/28/02 07:05:38 AM
    Transaction Type Sale
    Correction Transaction Posting Date 12/05/02 07:38:38 PM
    Correction Reason Unqualified Lead
    Original Amount $249.99
    Original Commission $7.50
    Correction Amount ($249.99)
    Correction Commission ($7.50)
    Web site EcomCity-3 Cybermalls in one
    Advertiser eHobbies.com
    Link 9959066

WebMaster Mike

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on December 14, 2002 at 02:58 PM.]

Webmaster Mike wrote:
    quote:
    For those who are interested eHobbies cancelled all my this month's sales with the reversal reason ...Ta da .."unqualified lead" ..LOL

You aren't still running ads for these dolts are you? If you are, for heaven's sake pull them!

They should be denounced for who they are and what they do! I ran ads for them for a short while with very few conversions.

Drop 'em!

Andy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

They caught the last 2 orders left with their "unauthorized lead" crap and I documented the whole YTD file on these wanks. I reported it to CJ support team with out any happy talk ..just a plain demand to investigate.

This one stinks to high heaven. Forget the advice to just drop them, as I often keep suspicious merchants on all three networks to tie both the networks and the perps feet to the fire.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    "he", in referring to papasan. I thought papsan has been referred to a "she" (or was it "her"?). will the real papasan reveal its gender! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

quote:
    Originally posted by Big Chuck:
    "he", in referring to papasan. I thought papsan has been referred to a "she" (or was it "her"?). will the real papasan reveal its gender! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

puh-leeeze!!!

and for you mike, why ignore my posts? ive asked several times WHY you keep running these deadbeats and then when you get screwed you complain about it. inquiring minds want to know!

it just doesnt make any sense.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    papasan,

I think Mike did answer your question:

quote:
    Forget the advice to just drop them, as I often keep suspicious merchants on all three networks to tie both the networks and the perps feet to the fire.

Mike plays "watchdog" with his sites. The traffic to his site lends statistical significance to patterns in the numbers that he sees with particular merchants. The fact that he is willing to use his traffic and publish publicly his stats to expose dubious merchants is something the community should be thankful for. The first thing any of the networks are going to ask you for if you have concerns regarding the goings on of a particular merchant is to back it up with your stats. I'm sure Mike is quite capable of choosing and showcasing only merchants that are performing, if his only concern was the size of his bankroll.

You have to remember that this board is not just made up of experienced AM. It is made up of a wide range of people with different levels of experience, from those just considering starting in AM to those who are extremely successful. There are many on this board who would not pick up on the pitfalls of merchants like ehobbies that are obvious to other board members. They are new to the industry and are learning, and that is what this board is about.

Although the way Mike may present information may be somewhat "unorthodox", his posts do tend to catch your eye and get a response. After all, you've been reading and responding right? And his method and approach to improving the industry as a whole and the well being of other affiliates, and not just his pocketbook, has been effective at times. Case in point, the recent events and changes in IBM's program.

Though you may not be able to grasp his methods, his methods seem to be of more benefit to community as a whole than the name calling of your peers as "ninnies" and insinuating they have some type of medical condition because of the merchants they have partnered with.

If ABW wanted to effectively shoot itself in the foot and squelsh any of the power it gains as a group of affiliates with merchants and networks, would be to take such issues into private! That is the purpose of this board. This board is full of examples of affiliates bringing such issues out in public when they have gotten no response from the merchant and/or network. The next thing you know, a representative shows up here on the board (many times without invitation because they've been lurking) and then there is an opportunity for open dialogue that was not available before. Then there is the opportunity to show the entire affiliate base here either the true colors of the merchants or help to educate the AM and improve the program. I've seen it go both ways.

To all the lurkers and newbies who have been reading this thread and said [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I'm featuring ehobbies or other merchants who are doing the same thing. Heed the lesson and learn. Don't feel bad and you're not a "sucker." It's called a "learning curve" and everyone who is in AM has gone through it and learned many lessons the hard way. That is what this board is here for.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Thanks BLFH for clearing that up. It's a war out their getting merchants to adopt affiliates as a real valued added sales force...and treat them as such. In all wars someone has to take the dangerous route to scout out beyond the safety of the base camp. BLFH probably logs in more time lately monitoring parasite activity with multiple BHO apps then building Christmas gifting pages. A unherald effort for generating commissions but invaluable for the benefit of both the merchnats and affiliates here who'd act blind without her efforts.

eHobbies was put on notice by me in the Christmas 2001 period. No sales and BF did not have transparancy reports to pin point the reason why at the time. They moved to CJ and promised me and others to run a clean honest program with no diversions and good reports. Bull hocky. During the year I called them to task to up that merchant payout $$$ marking stuck at one $ sign. Their EPC was always under 1.00. I threatened them 2 times to pull all their links before Christmas if they didn't come here and learn.

They responded with lip service only and weren't about to change their pattern just increase the diversion to negate payouts. Well I gave them the Christmas shopping rush for toy/hobbie items to eliminate their last remaining excuse that it was there off season. Now their feet are on fire and my spotlight has been passed to CJ compliance team to see if they give a rat's ass about policing their merchants.

WebMaster Mike

Hey Mike, this might actually be a first. You evidently were being too subtle. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

We all choose to protect our business interests in different ways. We should respect each other in our individual efforts. Even though our methods may vary, we should remember that our goals are the same. A fair and level playing field in the industry!

BLFH we could be a compliance tag team and take turns baiting the hook. If I go the complete subtle route I'll change my icon.

WebMaster Mike

hmmmm, i see....

Papasan must be researching for a book or something. He must be one of three oriental monkeys ..the one that sees ..ROLMAO

I'm not good at speaking Japanese, but I can laugh in 47 languages. It works when pan handling in Lafayette Square in New Orleans every time.

Charlie

"Quack -Quack f**k a duck ..my lady's a peacock"

Well, Im glad you have a sense of humor!

I honestly couldnt understand why you would keep running all those people and losing so much money!

But if THAT is the reason, then all I can say is

"to each his own"!!

Good Luck!

quote:
    It works when pan handling in Lafayette Square in New Orleans every time.

Charlie will have more luck if you teach him the line "I bet you I can tell you where you got your shoes at." That's the quickest way to make a buck off the tourist down in Jackson Square. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(For those who haven't had the opportunity to visit the Big Easy, the anwser is "on the pavement.")

Was that you BLFH who got me the fist time?? Charlie loved all the seedy bars and live music. The mounted police always asked to take him on their route and he lavished in stranger attention with never a bite even fro grabbing kids. His first real spat of talking was in New Orleans on the 4th of July. Even the snob places like Brennans -Royal Sonesta -Pat Obrians all catered to him and allowed him lunches on the patios.

Damn bird could pickup more women than Brad Pitt, so I just went along as his ride. OH the stories that town could tell.

Webmaster Mike

Was that Charlie I saw up on the stage helping out the with the strip acts down on Bourbon? I thought he looked familiar from his pics. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ahh, the found memories of Pat O'briens. A tradition for my PT class after finals every semester. The piano bar for hours on end. We garnered quite a reputation and giving free massages to the singers garnered us preferential treatment. We were honored with standing ovations on more than one occassion when we finally departed.

Psst-- don't tell Charlie if that was him, but those strippers were really transvestites. It can be really hard to tell at times, but if you are going to do Bourbon street, you have to learn to tell the difference. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast