I'm wondering how you guys get people to sign up for your newsletters. I am getting good traffic right now and I would like to turn them into return customers. I've tried to get people to sign up for my newsletter but no one does. What do you do to get people to sign up and turn them into returning customers?

Offer a small sweeps, or a little freebie (like an ebook).

Also you can change your exit pop to push your newsletter (with the freebie or sweeps).

Or if you're looking to spend, turn your newsletter into a CPA campaign and list it with the networks that accept small CPA advertisers.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

I'm getting around 20-25% conversions from visitors to newsletter signups. My last newsletter had an open rate of 76.1%.

Just need to work a bit harder on the part where they spend some money...

Anyone else care to share some statistics?

How in the world do you get 20 - 25% of your visitors to sign up for your newsletter. I'm at zero percent right now so I've got some room to grow that number.

Apologies - my calculator slipped a decimal point - should have been 2% to 2.5%!

Still, my open rate is up with the very best, according to what I've read.

Even at 2.5% though, every thousand daily visitors bring me nearly 10,000 signups a year, which is OK.

My personal methods are to offer something free and irresistable. I don't dwell on the 'value' of something that's free - that sounds phony and people can now see through that.

Second, to make sure the visitor can see the sign-up offer. Popups used to be good, but I think they will be dead soon, so I make sure the visitor can see for sure my offer on the page.

I have another site running around 4% with a float-in window. People are irritated by these, but once you get the signup, you can give these people real quality service.

But 25% - I could kick myself for not seeing the stupidity of that the moment I worked it out!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread