ABW Ambassador
    "Your Account Transition to adCenter Starts Now"
    The migration is on. I felt an ominous cloud over my PPC when I read that just now. Good luck to those who do PPC at both places. I'm thinking it's going to be a mess, I hope I'm wrong and it's somewhat smooth.

I have "linked" my adcenter and YSM accounts, but that's all I'm going to do. I plan on just letting the old YSM die.

RKG did an interesting blog post on what they think will have to PPC prices after the two are merged: http://www.rimmkaufman.com/rkgblog/2...bing-be-ready/

I personally have never been very aggressive with my adcenter bids, primarily because they don't really give good tools for adjusting 1.5 million keywords for the first page positioning. I'm going to start to use the adcenter API soon, which will enable better bidding strategies.

I can't even fit my entire adcenter account into the desktop tool. I have to break it up into sections....
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm going thru it now, probably should be doing it when I'm actually wide awake and read first but ......

I think it went pretty well. Some notes I took -

I had some ad groups where I had -CA, and I don't target or want Canada, so I deleted all of those.

I had some ad groups/campaigns at Yahoo with blocked domains, so I just finished adding those in over at MSN.

Still need to read up on payment, since Yahoo was prepaid and I had MSN pay after the fact like Google. And from what I've read so far, even tho they're merging into MSN, Yahoo is still handling the billing. So that's one thing I need to read up on.

And I think just one more thing I need to go thru. Seems likes the stuff I imported is all set to broad match, which I never use. So need to check that.

Thinking I should have just paused the ones I had at Yahoo and hand add in the ones I wasn't already doing at MSN. Since the campaigns and ad groups were pretty much the same.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    I have "linked" my adcenter and YSM accounts, but that's all I'm going to do. I plan on just letting the old YSM die.

RKG did an interesting blog post on what they think will have to PPC prices after the two are merged: http://www.rimmkaufman.com/rkgblog/2...bing-be-ready/

I personally have never been very aggressive with my adcenter bids, primarily because they don't really give good tools for adjusting 1.5 million keywords for the first page positioning. I'm going to start to use the adcenter API soon, which will enable better bidding strategies.

I can't even fit my entire adcenter account into the desktop tool. I have to break it up into sections....
    Just read that link. He gets into that a lot deeper than I ever have, probably would. My bids at both places were pretty much the same. So, I'm just going to kind of watch and see what happens, and then make adjustments from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Just read that link. He gets into that a lot deeper than I ever have, probably would. My bids at both places were pretty much the same. So, I'm just going to kind of watch and see what happens, and then make adjustments from that.
    The comments for the blog post were interesting as well. Evidently we will be able turn off the Yahoo Search Partners, or at least bid differently. That's good, because for me, the Yahoo Search Partner Network has not converted well.
    Last edited by isellstuff; September 2nd, 2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    That'll be good.

Just read:
    "The last stage in the transition process is when Yahoo! Search ad serving moves to adCenter, which we expect to start mid-October and complete by end of October. As this happens, you should see traffic decrease from your Yahoo! Search Marketing account and appear in your adCenter account. Until this process is complete, you’ll still need to actively manage your Yahoo! Search Marketing account to have your ads displayed on Yahoo! and our partner sites."

So basically it looks like, still fund the Yahoo account for about another 2 months, then MSN Adcenter will start powering Yahoo PPC end of October sometime. So I guess you actually have a couple of months to fix up whatever went over to MSN in the transition before it goes live.

ABW Ambassador
    It looks like it's pretty much done switching over, supposed to be completely done this week. And my traffic is up 50%. Perfect timing for the holidays. I guess there are a lot out there that haven't switched over/never started up on MSN Adcenter.

We kept our yahoo structure and migrated it over to adcenter. A few mistakes I caught was the budget for all my campaigns was randomly set to $5. Also I had to go in and manually set all the tracking to "enable" and change the pixel on the site.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    One thing that really bothers me in the transition is that in the compatibility editing phase, as far as I can see, you cannot simply delete old no longer used or redundant ad groups, but you have to take the time to edit them all to proceed.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    It's official now:

"Your Account is Now in Read-Only Mode

The transition of ad serving from Yahoo! Search Marketing to the Microsoft Advertising adCenter platform has been completed, which means that all U.S. and Canadian search advertising campaigns on Yahoo! are now powered by adCenter. Your U.S. Yahoo! Search Marketing account is now in a read-only mode, and you will be able to access its account history for five months. You may notice a small amount of traffic in your account; however, you will not be charged for clicks that accrue while in read-only mode. If you haven’t already, please transition your account to adCenter immediately to keep receiving paid search traffic from Yahoo!."

And I usually funded it just once a month but at the end, every few days to keep it going and have not much left when it stopped. Did pretty good, only have about $12 left. $25 and over, they're supposed to apply the balance to your MSN account, under, supposed to refund it.

So this actually went pretty smooth for me. They did a pretty good job I think with everything that's involved.

"One thing that really bothers me in the transition is that in the compatibility editing phase, as far as I can see, you cannot simply delete old no longer used or redundant ad groups, but you have to take the time to edit them all to proceed."

Don't remember how I did it. There were some campaigns where I had the same ad group over at Yahoo, so I had some twice over at MSN after they combined and just deleted one of them.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread