Buying a good domain name
    I tried to buy various domain names and found that many companies are asking ridulous figures or simply want to rent the name out monthly. Who in their right mind would pour all their time and money into a rented domain name? I guess anyone with a good domain best hold on to it.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, all the best .coms are long and gone. It's why you see a lot of the more social new ventures dropping vowels, spelling stuff wrong because $8 or so ain't bad. I will say this. If you're an affiliate or whatever and mainly interested in good names (targetted generic exact match keywords) for SEO and don't really care about branding so much. .info, .me, .us and a lot of these other extensions rank just fine. And there is no shortage of great ones out there.

For a side project, I wanted this city/country.com, guy got back to me with a 5 figure number. I bought the .me for like $9 instead.
    Last edited by Trust; September 2nd, 2010 at 06:09 PM.

People pour money into rented warehouses, office buildings, etc. all the time, so I guess that "paying rent" invariably gets down to the terms of the contract - in the setting of a cost-benefit analysis.
    I'll get the hang of it eventually. :0)

HI all,

I am a wet behind the ears newbie and not sure if this is appropriate or not however aside from just starting out in AM I also am a Domainer. I have truckloads (well over 1400) of 3D consumer electronics products domain names for sale if anyone is interested, for TV, Blu-ray players, Movies, Games, Glasses, Camcorders, Cameras, Computers and Phones.

Apparently because I am a newbie I couldn't access the forum for buying / selling domain names.

Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    I tried to buy various domain names and found that many companies are asking ridulous figures or simply want to rent the name out monthly. Who in their right mind would pour all their time and money into a rented domain name? I guess anyone with a good domain best hold on to it.
    what types of names are you after? - what marketplace?

cheers, Mike - the 3D Guy

Thanks Shags,but I was after a specific name but got a ca extention. None of yours are the marketplace I am interested in.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread