I frequently find myself in the "there's so much to do on so many different sites that I don't know where to start" slump that usually ends me up at a message board instead of working. help!

Join the club
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> how do you organize and prioritize your to-do-lists?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Not very darned well!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I used to use a difficulty scale (hard/easy) to determine what I would try and tackle next. This DID NOT work for me. Only recently, I figured out that I do much better if I tell myself that everything is easy, some tasks just take more time than others. Sounds silly, but it has made a world of difference in what I accomplish in a day.

Cheers,

B.

ABW Ambassador
    Like anything else, prioritize based upon what will give you the biggest bang for the time invested. Do the quick and easy stuff first and then tackle those things that will pay off the best in the long run.

I'll usually write a list of things to do the night before. This way I don't sit at the computer the next day wasting time wondering what to do first and I can immediately dive into what I need to do.

This is the method that has worked the best for me so far. I don't usually get to everything on the list, but I sure do get alot done.

http and a telephoto
    Yeah, I make nice long lists of things to do, then I get an email or a phone call and my day goes someplace totally different that what I planned....

But the lists are still there on my desk. They make interesting reading....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I put what I want to do at the top of the list and the stuff I don't want to do goes the bottom.

I must admit that sometimes it doesn't even make the bottom of the list.... If it's that bad, I tell Nova to do it.

I'm the least organized person on the planet.
    I get a constant stream of ideas from different sources, make a mental note to develop them, then forget about them.
    Recently I started using Outlook's Calendar's Task Pad to keep track of them.
    Every few days I check it and find good ideas I'd completely forgotten about.

I agree with all the disorganized posts here, I've done all of them at some time. I regularly find prioritized lists of stuff to do that I forgot about and that got buried.

It's not that bad a thing though always as things change so often that sometimes last week's great idea seems a bit pointless now. There's also the fact that a merchant inventory can change, new stock arrives, old stock runs out and suddenly you have to spend a day or so giving the old plates a spin to keep them going.

At the moment I'm in a new-ideas-ban, all the "old" stuff that I still think is worthwhile is going to get done before I allow myself to start anything new - allowing for stock or other emergencies as above.

I've been dealing with my pending "tray" for about 3 weeks now and I've another 3 maybe more to go until it's finished. Tray is not exactly accurate it's actually various bits of my brain with faulty wires - they go on and off depending how I hold my head - post it notes stuck to my monitor edge - until they fall off and slide under the keyboard - and those "to do" lists assuming they don't get buried on my desk, drop between the desk and wall or get used as a note for something else.

One of the best bits of affiliate marketing is that I can do what I want when I want and not have anyone else set todays task agenda - could you imagine it?

Edit - typos - loads of 'em

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> how do you organize and prioritize your to-do-lists?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What "to-do lists?!" Aren't those for empl*yees?

Productive activities get prioritized by:

What I think viewers will actually buy
    What I think I can get Google to give good rank to
    And
    What pays the best commission

Other than that, it's all open.

As for real organization, though, nah!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Ward:
    ...it's actually various bits of my brain with faulty wires - they go on and off depending how I hold my head <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL with me it's like that kid's game where you have a tray with a little pea which you roll around trying to get it to drop into a hole.

Every now and then I have to start moving my head around to try and encourage the pea to drop in...

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> how do you organize and prioritize your to-do-lists? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If I'm in town and stop somewhere for coffee or a glass of wine, I usually use the time to make my lists.

Prioritized:
    -Stuff that needs to be done now or there will be Hell to pay.
    -Everything else

Organized:
    -Written on one side of a cocktail napkin
    -Stuffed in pocket
    -Forgotten until laundry time (before or after.)

Wayne

My top priority is to have everything on all of my sites measureable. So I can look at my statistics - my real money-earning statistics - first thing every morning. I'm going to code each and every one of my links so I can see how much each one is making for me.

And then, whatever's top of that list is my priority to do some more work on.

BTW - There's an old saying about knowing the difference beween 'important' and 'urgent'. But most people hear this and think that 'urgent' takes top priority. It should not - 'urgent' means someone else wants you to do it. And for that, you might as well have a regular job.

I am a list maker. The older I get the more lists I need - I'd be lost without them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

I still find it the most difficut things to decide which one to do first.

Brian Tracy in "eat the frog" said that the first thing you should do in the morning is "eat the frog" do the hardest work that will have the biggest impact (CMIIW).

But the problem is how do we know which to do list have the biggest profit?

My rules:
    - My highest priority is things that will create the money bigger in the shortest amount of time.
    - Focus only on winning merchants. If you spent all weeks only to find out that the merchant did not convert, you're dumped!

But it's all easier said than done.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread