Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haiko
    Please have a look at Sandra's thread that was deleted from the CJ forum.
    Do you see any justification for deleting that thread?

Thanks, Radegast,

I really don't care. Let Todd do what he wants. I just didn't like getting spam from CJ and being told that I could opt out of receiving it only to find that I couldn't.

I felt like I was being lied to. However, others say they can opt out so maybe it is some kind of glitch.

I was also a bit annoyed at their choice to push merchants, that have been complained about a lot on ABW, on perhaps unsuspecting affiliates who don't come here and who only know what CJ tells them.

Doesn't seem right, somehow. How many newbies will take that missive as gospel and put up ebay, get all excited, thinking that they are earning something only to watch their dimes disappear along with their hopes?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    Network Announcements aren't SPAM.

And one of the merchants they were pushing was 1800Contacts a merchant affiliates should push.
    That's the one that took WhenU/VisionDirect to court.

I have to defer to you on that one Trust. You know more about it than I do.

However, seems to me that if they tell you that you can opt out and you can't it is spam. Don't think I would have been as mad if they hadn't said I could opt out in the first place.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Trust
    Your post is off topic in this thread.
    Unless you're saying the fact that network announcements aren't spam is justification for deleting a thread.

I think it was deleted because I used a lot of CAPS.

Also, I think Todd rethought and regreted the comment about deactivating my account at CJ.

The point I raised in that thread is that communication with CJ seems to flow in one direction only.
    Deleting threads does nothing to disillusion me of that impression.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    I think Todd rethought and regreted the comment about deactivating my account at CJ. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, THAT makes sense.

OK, now I'll shut up.

Yes. This seems the best way to communicate with CJ from what people have said.

He isn't going to do that. He may work for CJ but he really is pretty smart, anyway.

ABW Ambassador
    Radegast i was replying to Sandra's post. Reread it, also reread the rules

"Board moderators' decisions (editing, moving, deleting of single posts or entire threads) are final. You will accept this. Also, you will not re-edit a message that has already been edited by a moderator out of defiance of the original edit. Starting discussing such a decision on the board, will get you either a ban-warning or banned."

And Network Announements are not SPAM no matter how many posts and threads you start saying so.

OK I am sure that Radegast only mentioned it out of concern for the standards that the moderators go by in general.

And, well, I responded because my name was brought up. Wasn't thinking. Sorry about that.

Looks like I'm due for a ban warning or a ban.

(Edited to correct typo)

ABW Ambassador
    I ban you both, now go make some pages

I think it would have been OK if you had posed it as a question, such as, "Is it OK for moderators to remove threads that make them look bad or for self-serving reasons?"

That's what you really wanted to know, isn't it?

LOL at Trust!

I been making pages. Maybe, that is why I am so cranky.

I HATE this data feed I am working on. No categories!

Worse yet, I don't know what half the things are! Tough to make categories when you don't know what the danged thing is or what it should be used for.

Mechanical stuff and electronics just aren't my field.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Starting discussing such a decision on the board, will get you either a ban-warning or banned. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I think this is only meant to be applied in extreme cases Trust. I for one think they have a perfectly legitimate reason to know why it was deleted. Especialy after Todd saying he would remove her from CJ, seems to me he was trying to goad her into allowing him to show his power.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And Network Announements are not SPAM no matter how many posts and threads you start saying so. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> If it's unwanted it's Spam, thats my opinion, I might be wrong but it's my opinion.

PS. Do I get a ban?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

This is all so stupid. If you don't want to hear from CJ, if you dislike them so much..don't use them and disable your account.

I would think that if you are a part of their network they should have a right to send you a reasonable amount of email.

Seems to me you just like to b*t*ch...

I have never had any problems getting a response from CJ when I have contacted them. But then maybe that is because I don't rant and rave in my emails, I ask things nicely...

Uh, I didn't want to know why. I already have my opinion as to why.

And, the truth is I honestly don't care that it was removed. I certainly would not have started a thread about it.

However, I do think the question of what standards should be used when a moderator deletes a thread is a good and legitimate question.

Gordon I don't care if Todd tries to goad me. I have goaded him enough. And, I only goad Todd because he is all we have to try to get CJs attention to fix some things that need fixing. Personally, I like Todd and wish he were in some other position. It would be easier if I didn't like him.

Connie
    My attempts at polite communication with CJ go ignored.
    Could it be they listen to you because you send a sizable amount of business in their direction?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Seems to me you just like to b*t*ch...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree more.Some people need to grow up!

Com'on Sandra. Must you attack CJ on every little thing in every thread. It's getting old. Although I am not happy with everything concerning CJ, what you are complaining about now is pure pettiness. Especially since there is a way to opt-out. I too can uncheck that box.

Maybe you should opt-out of CJ all together since you do nothing but complain about them since as long as I have been around here.

Yea there are issues to complain about, but you get really petty at times where it concerns CJ.

Like I said, it's getting old and I am sure I am not the only one getting tired of it. Sorry to be so blunt, but it seems if you can dish it, you should be able to take it. I will duck for cover now.

Sorry Sandra
    It wasn't my intention to resurrect that thread...

Dirk, I would grow up but at the age of 60, I think it is a lost cause.

I think we should all just let it drop, now. But, I doubt that will happen. I have tried changing the conversation and that didn't work. So, I guess, the thread has a life of its own, now.

Well, I know what you mean about datafeeds and electronics.
    I struggled to categorise a musical instrument datafeed and I'm a bloody musician!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast