Bing and Yahoo
    I thought that I would pass this on as it is very interesting what the future is regarding search engines

.http://videos.webpronews.com/2010/09...n-seo-and-ppc/

ABW Ambassador
    "Clay calls these latest developments a “resurrection” of the second and third search engines. Do you agree?"

Don't agree with that part. When you downgrade your search, it doesn't help you compete with Google. And the average person has no clue who's powering what anyway and don't care. People who use Google to search, will continue too. Until I see them have the size of index of Google, the freshness of Google, the relevancy, it's just window dressing.

Trust. I searched out 4keywords that are relevant to my site and they came out pretty much the same on Google and Bing. I am placed 1st on Bing and down the list abit on Google. Google has a tendency to change daily with these keywords. Go figure it?

ABW Ambassador
    Constantly updating, changing index, different servers, and what I don't like about Google is that Web History link at the top. Seems like if I sign into one of the Google properties or something, it's enabled and you can get some different results with it on, compared to off. I wish I could disable that permanently.

Trust. I believe that the Search Engines are getting so big and competive that will will see small search directories coming into play. Lets say I want a mail order catalog, I will then type in catalogs.com and go to this site. If I am looking for coupons I will probably just type in coupons.com and on and on. People are getting tired of having to wad thru pages of non relevent crap. Companies are paying to be listed on non relevent but busy search keywords.

Google is getting ruined by the amount of people that are paying to get in the top ten listings so the more competition that is out there the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Constantly updating, changing index, different servers, and what I don't like about Google is that Web History link at the top. Seems like if I sign into one of the Google properties or something, it's enabled and you can get some different results with it on, compared to off. I wish I could disable that permanently.
    You can disable customizations permanently:

http://www.google.com/support/accoun...n&answer=54048

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I hadn't seen this thread and I guess I was a bit lazy in my reading. But I looked for this thread because I was doing so serp testing in yahoo and bing and noticed the serp are now identical. I saw the accompanying video which says they would be similar and not identical but I disagree. Thus I now believe that yahoo as a stand alone search engine is done and there are now only two major search engines in existance today. But you guys test yourself can anyone find a search term in with the nature search from bing and yahoo isn't identical?
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Quote Originally Posted by freebiejeebies View Post
    Google is getting ruined by the amount of people that are paying to get in the top ten listings so the more competition that is out there the better.
    I have to agree with this. Typically these spots are filled with valid listings. When you start searching for niche products or data you can easily start to see the scams filling up these spots. For the average user this can be dangerous since they have learned to trust names like google and yahoo.

I wish Bing and Yahoo luck but seriously they have their work cut out trying to stop Google's domination

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread