Advertisment space. How much to charge
    I have some companies looking into placing banner ads on my site. How much should I charge? How do I calculate it?

well hard to say what are you traffic levels

I would also be interested to know this as I am looking to get links on other peoples pages and would like to know roughly what the going rate is.

I've heard that pagerank and alexa rank are the things that affect it the most but don't know what the rates are.
    Last edited by freebiejeebies; September 5th, 2010 at 07:45 AM.

Advertisment
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek View Post
    well hard to say what are you traffic levels
    My rank is not high. I just started with my SEO. Maybe 500 visitors a month

Also depends on the vertical or niche. Have you considered trying AdSense? Then you can let the market bid determine the pricing (your revenue).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Adsense is a good place to start. If you place your adsense just right and watch your earnings for a time period you can guestimate how much a certain spot can bring in. So if you replaced those slots with ads, you should be able to charge probably a bit more than what your Adsense brings in.

Another way is to ask websites in your similar niche to see what they charge and ofcourse as HG said, it depends on your traffic, your PR, niche, etc.

honestly if you just get 500 visitors a month I wouldn't even botther thats not even 1 dollars worth of ad space.

Also keep in mind a lot of these emails are robot generated spam/scam emails.

With higher traffic, I would recommend testing AdSense and various affiliate banners in the spot to see what kind of income you can make from those. Then, once you've found the highest earner for that spot, set the banner rate a bit higher than that (some percentage higher, or even double or triple if you want). Then, if you have some people who insist on doing a banner ad on your site, you'll have an option for them and you won't feel bad replacing whatever other income-producing block is currently there.

With only 500 visitors a month, I would probably set it at $10 per month - if I even bothered. It's not really worthwhile without more traffic.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Ad Fees
    Thank you guys for all the input. I guess I have to bring more traffic. I am trying with ad sense. In the meantime, I AM NOT MAKING SALES

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread