I tried applying for cj.com and got an automated email response saying:

We regret to inform you that your application for a publisher account in the Commission Junction network has been denied due to ineligibility for membership.

Only bona fide business customers may apply and Commission Junction reserves the right to reject any application that does not meet
    reasonable Internet business standards, as such standards may evolve over time.

Regards,

Client Services
    Commission Junction

This was definately an automated response because it came back about 3 seconds after replying. I am from Australia and have friends that have joined CJ.com ... why can't I join? What are their "reasonable business standards" ... how can their automated system automatically reject me because of lack of business standards ... I don't understand.

ABW Ambassador
    Are you over 18?

I'm from Australia & have been a member for years.

Yes I am definately over 18. In any case, I don't know how they could automatically know if I wasn't over 18?

ABW Ambassador
    It's been years since I've looked at the CJ application form, but if you have to enter a DOB it's not a hard calculation.

I'd try applying again, but make sure that all the fields are filled correctly with complete & correct information.

I've already tried applying twice, and was automatically rejected both times. There is a box to tick to say you are over 18, and I definately ticked it and filled out the form correctly both times.

quote:
    Originally posted by thefuture:
    I've already tried applying twice, and was automatically rejected both times. There is a box to tick to say you are over 18, and I definately ticked it and filled out the form correctly both times.

What domain are you using? i.e. Does CJ allow sub-domains or free websites? That's the only other thing that comes to mind that might trigger an auto-reject.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    What domain are you using? i.e. Does CJ allow sub-domains or free websites? That's the only other thing that comes to mind that might trigger an auto-reject.
    I had a Geocities site that was accepted.

Brian
    aka Cyclone @ CyclonesFunnel.com

quote:
    Originally posted by Cyclone:
    I had a Geocities site that was accepted.

That's probably not it then, just stabbing in the dark - unrelated, I had a few links to GeoCities for a number of local bands, but every single one popped up a Gator drive-by, so I removed them all. It seems I read, in another thread here perhaps, that Gator has a deal with Geo vs. with any individual sites.

No, not a free domain ... a real domain with a unique IP.

The only thing I can think of is that when I applied the first time the domain was not owned by me ... maybe they checked the who-is and then found it was not the same as the application. But the second time the domain ownership had changed. Maybe the second rejection was because I had already been rejected???

Must just be a glitch in the application form. I'd give them a phone call and see what's up.

Happy New Year!!!

There are application troubles amiss right now. I have a friend who tried to sign up but it woulen't work -- kepts saying that he'd typed in the letters/numbers from the image wrong.

SO, I went to do it for him thinking the problem was on his end -- same thing. I'm typing in exactly what's there and it keeps telling me it's wrong.

Wonder how many potential publisher are having the same problem and just giving up today?

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around

CJ might be the biggest network & a multi-million machine, but their application form is a joke.

Just wanted to mention that it happened to me too, I decided to sign up a few months ago. I made it in on the fifth attempt.

Don't recall exactly what I did, but try to fill in *only* minimum of info. If you are non-USA, don't put anything into the tax id box. You could also try to sign up for a non-competitive category. I got in when I changed category to Languages or Learning or something, and I changed something (or cleared) in the fields for tax id and state info.

-- Less is more --

No wonder CJ's 3 month EPC is all time low, down from well over $10 to sixty-something cents in just four months time. And the 7 day EPC's $0.00.

Thanks Cellophane, I think that might be it! I put "not applicable" in the tax id box. I'll try again.

Managed to get accepted now!!!!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread