ABW Ambassador
    I figured some might be interested, seems like a Netflix kind of deal.

http://beta.blockbuster.com/homepage...omepage.action

Affiliates sign up:
    http://beta.blockbuster.com/corporat...iliates.action

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    KaZZaa and other P2P wanks and their BHO butt buddies will kill any growth of BlockBuster. Netflix once deducting their Advertising costs is losing money hand over fist as Walmart moves in to dilute the model. Basically due to extreme cut throat competition and the Adwhore driven market and cheap Chinese knockoffs the money shoring up these ventures is doing the classic "cut & run".

NEW YORK and DALLAS, June 18, 2004 - Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) and Blockbuster Inc. (NYSE: BBI) today jointly announced the terms of their proposed separation. The transaction would involve Viacom's distribution of its interest in Blockbuster through a "split-off" exchange offer to Viacom stockholders. The terms of the proposed split-off are described in more detail in a Blockbuster registration statement being filed today with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Blockbuster also announced that, prior to the commencement of the exchange offer, Blockbuster anticipates paying a pro rata special cash distribution of $5 per share, or a total of approximately $905 million based on the number of shares currently outstanding, to all stockholders, including Viacom. As the owner of approximately 81.5% of Blockbuster's outstanding shares, Viacom anticipates receiving a cash payment of $738 million in the distribution, which, as to Viacom, will be free of income taxes.

Nice to see Viacom raid the Blockbuster cash register before cutting them loose. Next come the outsourcing of rewards, coupons, gift certificates to affiliate enabled service providers and some BHO Ad campaigns. Hey Gator-WhenU and 180Solutions sales reps ...don't forget to call Blockbuster and make them the first major indy to be infested.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

That'a going to be a guaranteed loser deal.

Here in Vegas there is a guy at the swap meet who sell movies for $10. First run stuff too.

And it's not pirated, it's just all the titles except the cover is in Russian. Seems the legit Russian distributor sends him the stuff every week. Feds and everyone and his grandmother have hassled him...the guy makes at least $1k per day on the weekends.

I am confused? American movies get released in the US first. They have to be bootlegged Videos. If not...get me the guys info and I will contact him and we all can make some money....

snewman@buyforcharity.com

Funny, I emailed affiliates@blockbuster.com as the page states for more info, and it came back unreturned.

Death to Blockbuster!!!!
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Hey Kim,

Sorry, you made a ha ha!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I emailed affiliates@blockbuster.com as the page states for more info, and it came back unreturned. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, i see them at Performics

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread