Thread: TABcom, LLC (formerly Pets United) Commission INCREASE!!

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    TABcom, LLC (formerly Pets United) Commission INCREASE!!
    TABcom LLC (formerly Pets United LLC.) has some great news to share with you! In an effort to help you earn more, we have implemented a New Commission Tier Structure based on your monthly sales volume:

1: Monthly Sales: $0 - $2,499 Commission Rate: 9.00%
    2: Monthly Sales: $2,500 - $7,999 Commission Rate: 10.00%
    3: Monthly Sales: $8,000 - $14,999 Commission Rate: 11.00%
    4: Monthly Sales: $15,000 & Over Commission Rate: 13.00%

Not promoting products from TABcom's family of sites yet? Rest assured that
    tracking code is in place on every site including: dog.com, horse.com, bird.com, petsupplies.com, ferret.com, fish.com, groomers.com, statelinetack.com, garden.com and camping.com! With an extensive product suite, niche-specfic creative, deep links for top sellers by brand and sites that CONVERT - Tabcom wants to count you among their valued partners!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I am intrigued by the current status of this program.

I promoted the old Yardiac dot com program that was on CJ, for several years, until it disappeared with no notice, having dissolved into the garden.com program (Yardiac links landed on the garden.com site, but with no commissions being reported). I then received a solicitation to join the CJ garden.com program, and after examining the TOS and commission structure, I sent a reply raising several issues, besides my upset over the Yardiac issue.

My email concerned two primary issues: 1) Garden.com was offering a commission level far below Yardiac's old level and other merchants in the garden niche, and 2) a PPC policy that prohibited the use of numerous, generic, non-trademarked terms, including such terms as garden, gardens, garden supplies, garden ornaments, patio furniture, garden tools, garden furniture, garden décor, outdoor décor, garden lighting, greenhouse, and many more, to which garden.com had no legitimate claim.

I received a prompt response from a representative of garden.com, apologizing for the yardiac conversion issue, defending the commission structure, and saying they would look into the ppc policy.

That was two months ago, and despite a follow up reply that I made, I heard nothing further.

Now, after reading this post, I see the following:

1) In both the buy.at program you are introducing and in the CJ garden.com program, commission rates have been substantially increased and are now competitive with other merchants that offer garden products, and

2) Changes have been made in the ppc policy, but there are still problems. In the CJ garden.com TOS, ALL of the objectionable terms have been removed from the prohibited list. However, in the buy.at program, questionable non-compete terms for garden.com and several of the pet supply sites remains, such as dog supplies, pet supplies, cat supplies, garden supplies, garden ornaments, and patio furniture. It is mystifying to me how the same term, such as "garden supplies" can be prohibited in the buy.at program, but can be used in the CJ program.

Had I had this info a couple of months ago when gardening products were still hot, I likely would have joined the garden.com program (CJ, not buy.at due to the ppc policies), but while I do now have increased interest in it, realistically I have too many other projects that demand attention and updating my garden site will have to wait until spring.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; September 7th, 2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: typo
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    buy.at Program Detains for Tabcom show this commission structure:

$0 - $14,999 in monthly sales - 6% of the sale price less tax and shipping.
    $15,000 - $24,999 in monthly sales - 7% of the sale price less tax and shipping.
    $25,000 - $39,999 in monthly sales - 8% of the sale price less tax and shipping.
    $40,000 - $74,999 in monthly sales - 10% of the sale price less tax and shipping.
    $75,000+ in monthly sales - 12% of the sale price less tax and shipping.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    buy.at Program Detains for Tabcom show this commission structure:
    Hi AffiliateHound,

I can actually answer that question. We make updates to our website on a weekly basis, so the new commission structure hasn't been posted yet (we just received confirmation on the commission increase yesterday).

You'll notice that the Management Area properly reflects the new commission structure.

Apologies for any confusion.

-Amy

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    AffiliateHound,

First, thank you for posting! I appreciate the time and effort involved and am grateful you shared those key points, as it will help me to better shape the program with the background provided.

I will check in with my contact at TABcom, LLC - Kelly Mariano - and ask that she get in touch with you. (Please send a PM with your email address when you have a moment.)

It may be as simple as updating the PPC terms on our end and removing those restrictions to ensure policies are consistent.

I also totally appreciate your being swamped. If I can be of any assistance with links, creative, etc. regarding garden products or any others, do feel free to call me direct or email. I am happy to help!

And thanks again for posting. This is the real value of ABW - positive feedback, direct questions/requests and a sharing of knowledge.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and will also update this thread after I speak with Kelly.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

6. Newsletter Signup